One year on **Children/Fertility mentioned***

Hi all,

Wanted to post an update on my journey one year on to the day I was diagnosed....

I still feel incrediby lucky to be on the other side of this, and to have been spared the major operations and treatments that many of you ladies have been through, You all amaze me with your strength.

I am still healthy (next check up early October) and I am still a regular visiter to Jo's Trust Forum and I like to think I offer advise and help to ladies on their journey wherever I can.

I was interviewed for Screening Awareness week on BBC Radio and I'm a big supporter of educating women on the importance of the smear test. I think some of my friends and family would rather we all moved on and forget this ever happened to us... but I think that would be too easy and I hope that my story might just make one lady think, and spare her the trauma us Jo's Trust girls know only too well.

**Fertility mentioned here**
So, a year on... life is good I suppose! I'm very well educated on the topic of cervical cancer! Having been lucky enough to have had my fertility spared, I am now looking at trying to start a family. I know I am incredibly blessed to potentially be able to conceive, it's a gift and I count my blessings for it. I don't know if we will conceive as a couple, but for me I'm glad that the cancer didn't take away that option.

I've learnt that you can climb mountains, even when you're weak. But most of all, I've found kindness, compassion and friendship from a load of ladies who found time to offer support when they are going through the most scary time of their lives; and I've never met a single on of them face to face!

So here's to you, the wonderful ladies from Jo's Trust Forum. I will be raising a glass to you all this evening. Wherever you are on your journey, and wherever I am on mine; you're all never far from my thoughts and you're always in my prayers.

Lisa x x

Hi Lisa,

Thankyou for posting your story and update. I think it's amazing the amount of people who stay on here after they have made it out the other side is great. The support and reassurance from people like you is invaluable. I have recently been diagnosed stage 1B1 and I am waiting for a date to have a trachelectomy. I want to wish you all the luck in the world for the next chapter of your journey and fingers crossed I will be in your position this time next year.

Katy xxx

Lisa… This was a lovely post and brought tears to my eyes!

I have no doubt that you will go on to have little kiddiwinks … You deserve everything you want… And I believe you will get it. I cannot wait to hear your good news! … Here’s to your future family!

Thankyou so much for being a pillar of strength to me recently! It means so much!

Lots of love :slight_smile:

I have no doubt that you will go on to have little kiddiwinks … You deserve everything you want… And I believe you will get it. I cannot wait to hear your good news! … Here’s to your future family!

Thankyou so much for being a pillar of strength to me recently! It means so much!