Numb

Yesterday I was diagnosed with cc. At the moment it’s 1b. Thought I’d be able to have cone biopsy but now heading to mri and ct scans on Tuesday.
I’ve had my smears on time and all have been clear. My last smear was 18 months ago and it was clear. I’m just very unlucky I guess. Over the last year’s I’ve been back and forth to the gps… only to be made to feel like a fraud, so I left the post coital bleeding for 6 months or so, as thought I’d be shunned away again. Well my gp didn’t even tell me she was sending me for a colposcopy, just a scan. 3 weeks later I had a ph appointment with my gp. Her words were well when your scan comes back fine, I guess I could send you to the gyny team. In a very fippent way. Even 3 weeks back when I got my punch hole results back. Nothing!! I’m feeling so let down now.
Also my daughter just started her gcse s this week, and have to stay strong as I don’t want her to know until she’s finished them. My husband is my rock at the moment and couldn’t of even got this far without him.
Sorry for sounding off. X

Punchole biopsy 12/4/16
29/4/16 results Cin3 and suggested cancer cells
Lletz cone 11/5/16
Results 20/5/15 stage 1b cc
Mri and ct next week.

Hiya :-)

Never apologise for sounding off, that's what we are here for. I'm not surprised you are feeling let down. If you can find a way to let your GP know that you left the post-coital bleeding for six months because of her attitude it might wake her up a bit. It might make you feel a bit better and it might help others who follow. I know just how scary this wait for tests can be and you must try to focus on the fact that in the vast majority of cases initial diagnosis is correct.

I can completely understand your wish not to trouble your daughter during her GCSEs, I think you are correct. I remember that during mine my grandfather died and while that was no great loss to me, I had to witness my dad making endless phone calls to distant family members and it upset me to think about his pain. It did indeed make it more difficult to concentrate on the papers in front of me. How long do the GCSEs continue for? You may find that you are called for a hysterectomy before the exams are over, though I suppose there is no necessity to tell her why you need this operation until she has reached the end of them.

Just wanted to send you hugs and to let you know that we are here for you whenever you wish to sound off. And hugs to your hubby too, it's a scary time for him as well even if he appears to be a rock.

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you. My daughter only started them this week so they won't finsh till the end of June then she has her prom. Will tell her after all that. I'm still in shock to be honest and don't even know what to write either. 

On the one hand I know it's the word cancer that is the scary bit. In your mind your instantly thinking, that's it, it's all over. And any racional  thinking dosnt come into it. Then I've sat and thought come on women yes it's serious but it's treatable. It's 2016 and I'm lucky to be in country with free health service. All this and for the future I know is going to be bloody tough and try not to look on the worse case senario. I will be strong and I know their will be times when I'm not. It's time to except the now, I can't change anything. Thankyou for your support as it means alot. Xxx 

It's blooming annoying that your Dr didn't take you seriously.  I had the same.  

Good news is that it's being dealt with now and as you say we are lucky that we live in a country where our treatment is free. I've been on a cc facebook site (which I wouldn't recommend) and there are women there who are having problems getting their treatment due to insurance issues.

My son is doing his GCSE's at the moment.  I was diagnosed in December and didn't tell him for the same reasons. Luckily he is oblivious and hasn't realised what my problem actually is/was. If he has, he hasn't asked. Whether I'm right or wrong in not telling him I really don't know.  I just know it was what was right for me at the time. 

You sound as if you will take this on your chin, we are all here as z support for you x 

Thankyou for your words. I hope your doing well it this strange time in our lives. I had a good cry this morning after I sent my husband to work. My poor dog was curled up on my bed and got up and licked my face. X Good hug from my pup always puts a smile on my face. X 

Hugs to you. It's a very scary time just now, trust me once you have had your mri and finally know your treatment plan it all starts to come together. This is the worst time, all the waiting. Hopefully you will still be 1b with no spread. I was 1b1 and had a radical hysterectomy to treat. There are so many lovely ladies on here, we are all here for each other. Vent when you need to, we have all been there. Take care x

Thanks shazzal. Yes it's very scary and your mind gets carried away with what ifs and buts. I'm glad you've come through the other end and hope you stay well. X 

Hi there:

Sorry you have to deal with this but this is the best place to be for advice/help etc

I was diagnosed with CC1A1 last month and am having a hysterectomy on Monday. My son was just about to start his International Baccalaurate exams - he's in his last year of high school - and only told him becuase he came home from school about 30 minutes after I got the diagnosis from my obgyn on the phone. He was very concerned and went off the rails for a little while - didn't go into school, complete projects etc - until I could tell him the treatment plan.  Then, because I was feeling better he felt better and it's been ok since. He has his prom tonight and is in good spirits. I didn't tell my other son who is doing his semester abroad. I just told him I had some abnormal cells and that I was having the op on Monday.  I didn't mention the C word.

On balance, I would not have told my younger son, or perhaps I would but not used the c word. That word has such a scare factor for us all. The only "benefit"was that as a mum, I was so worried about my son that I didn't worry so much about me. 

Good luck

EveryOne has to do the right thing for them. It's a very personal thing isn't it. I've got 5 children. My eldest who's 26 I told her about test but have not brought myself to tell her yet. She's getting married in September,but I'll know she'll want to be told so I will tell her soon. My 24 year old son was told and my 19 year old son,as they both work in the same place as my husband. I didn't want them to hear second hand. My daughter who's 16 as studied so hard for her exams and don't want to jeapodise her chances of being a success. My youngest who's 14, I'm thinking would probably be very good, as she has a very old soul and is wise beyond her years. But then again I may have misjudged them all. I just don't want to ruin their lives with this crap. I want them to treat me the same. Take me for granted, wine and moan typical kids. X  thankyou for your support x I hope you keep well. X 

Hi again :-)

Personally I think it's a good idea to tell as few people as possible until you know your treatment plan. That way you are in a position to answer all the inevitable questions. If you tell people before you have all those answers it can become something of a circus with too many individuals worrying separately. In fact we have just put this theory into practice. My husband was diagnosed with a cancer a month ago and we have kept mostly very quiet about it until now when we know what his treatment will be. The result has been lots of kind messages of support and no hysteria or panic.

Tivoli

Thankyou tivoli. I hope your husband stays strong through this and comes out fighting. X 

So sorry to hear about your husband Tivoli, fingers crossed everything will be ok. Hugs to you x

Big hugs I remember the numb feeling well, I went into myself and would have happily just stayed in and did nothing. Having kids makes thst impossible which is a good thing really as think keeping busy is good. 

It sounds like it's been caught early which is good.

Sending lots of love xxx

Tivoli I'm sorry to hear about your husband lots of hugs xxx

Hey girls :-)

Thanks for all the lovely kind messages :-) He'll be just fine. I s'pose we'd best shut up about him though since this is a cervical cancer site and, whilst his is in his neck, it's not that neck ;-)

Tivoli
xxxxx

Hope Mr. Tivoli gets sorted out quickly. Lucky him having you on board.

Sending love to the sunny Greek isles...

In a very strange place. Today I had my results of my mri and ct scans. And apparently all cancer from my cervix had been removed apart from microscopic amount that mri couldn't pick up. Which is amazing as my consultant said today he was expecting a tumor as predicted. He looked very shocked. One minus lymph nodes swollen 2cm do do need it removed to have biopsy. But if everything is ok then I can have a hysterectomy. Not looking on worse case senario . Consultant thinks it could be swollen due to 2 lots if biopsys I've had. So fingers crossed  things are looking up. Thankyou ladies for your wise and thoughtful words . All has been verymuch appreciated. X