Not sure where to start!

Hi all,
I hope your keeping well.

If I’m honest im not really sure where to start, I think I just need to vent.

My first smear was 2019 at 29. after years of booking appointments with the gp and them being unable to complete a smear due to continuous bleeding and being told it was due to the implant contraceptive, I was referred to colposcopy by a locum nurse who advised me my cervix didn’t look right. My results from that showed i had CIN2 Changes ( or so i thought until this year) and I had the Lletz procedure done under local, I was then put on 6 months check and then a year, each time changes where detected but i was told that hopefully they would go on there own.
fast forward to Sept 2021- i went for my yearly check up with colposcopy, this time was more uncomfortable then before it was quite painful, and the lovely nurse wasnt able to gain any access to my cervix so i was referred for Lletz and Dilation under GA was also told once again that my cervix on the outside looked inflamed.
So i was booked for my procedure on the 22nd oct- a week before my procedure we lost my father in law to complications caused by cancer unexpectedly, So the last few weeks have been incredibly difficult. I was debating on whether i should postpone the appointment as my family were going though enough, but my husband advised me to go which I did.
I had the procedure done and was told by the consultant that from her notes i had CIN 3 removed last time and possible cervical stenosis which is a possible reason they couldn’t get access to my cervix. After the procedure i was told that they found a lump within my cervix and biopsies have been taken and that i will be contacted soon so now i just need to wait for results procedure was 2 weeks ago so I’m expecting i will have a few more weeks wait. I’m worried of what they maybe whether ill need any other treatment- my work haven’t been the most sympathetic with any of it if I’m honest, and I don’t want to stress my husband out anymore then he is with it all what’s been going on with his dad, so i haven’t told him anything of what they told me.
I don’t think its CC, i think i’m just struggling with recent events and need to let something out, minds in overdrive as haven’t slept properly in weeks.
just feeling pretty crap!!! sorry for the long story!

xx

Hi Carley
So sorry to hear about your story… you are going through an awfully tough time and the uncertainty and waiting is not helping… Sorry to hear your work has not been sympathetic…
this is a great forum with supportive ladies so do vent out… it will be few more weeks for your result but if you are worried, you can always call the clinic just for a chat in case the results are in… How are you feeling with your lletz recovery so far? Is there any chance you can book tie off to give yourself a chance to fully rest?

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m not sure how much I can help you, but I’m sure it won’t be the dreaded C word. I just wanted to reassure you that your in the right hands, seeing you gynaecologist. How are you feeling after your Letzz ? I had my lletz in may awake and would refuse to do it awake again found it very traumatic but recovery was quicker than I though. X

1 Like

Hi applepie,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I’m feeling okay, feeling quite tired, but haven’t slept very well for a few weeks so not sure if that’s because of lack of sleep or the Lletz, I found recovery better this time round as my first was whilst I was awake and I felt awful afterwards. I’ve had abit of a pulling sensation the last few days but overall nothing to terrible.
I work in a school so time off is forbidden, unless it’s half term. they were reluctant to let me take the day off for my father in law’s funeral, I dare not ask for anymore time off.
Thank you so much for your reply, I felt quite emotional if I’m honest because I felt abit alone, that I know I am not now with this forum.
I hope you are okay.

Xxx

1 Like

Hi Frankiej

Thank you for your reply, I feel better this time around after having it under GA then last time which was like yourself, I had to have quite alot of local because I could feel what was going on.
This time I feel recovery was alot quicker as apart from being tired and a bit achy everything else has eased up.
Hope your okay now and thank you for your message.

Xxx

1 Like

Did you choose to have it under GA the second time round or did they suggest this ? . I have my 6 month check up Tuesday very nervous after being diagnosed with stage 1a1 cervical cancer just don’t know what they are doing to say. It’s all the unknown abs waiting around. Hopefully your results are in soon, it’s just so stressful waiting. X

I didn’t, they advised I had it under GA this time around.
I’m so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, it must be so worrying bless you, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and hope everything goes okay for you.
You are right, the waiting is so stressful.

will you let me know how you get on, on Tuesday?

Take care of yourself lovely.

Sending you a hug.
Xxx

Thankyou, I will update you on Tuesday with there plans. Fingers crossed for some quick results for you xx

Thank you, I wish you all the best.
Thank you, me too xx

Hi Carley
How are you today? Hope you had better sleep? I did find sleep to be erratic after few weeks from lletz… I scoured this forum and found comfort in the super ladies who shared their experiences surviving even from the big C diagnosis… so you are definitely not alone and do message here even if you only need to voice out your racing thoughts…
Sending you bug hugs…

Hi Carley, how are you feeling today?

I’ve had my 6 month checkup, he found a small mass but doesn’t think it’s anything sinister so has taken biopsy’s, once they come back clear he will book me in for a hysterectomy xx

Hi Frankie
Great to know you had your check today… hope you get your biopsy results soon… could I ask if the 1a1 was treated with Lletz alone? Why is there a need for hysterectomy?

Hey,

Yes so the stage 1a1 cancer was treated just by the lletz treatment but due to having adenometrioses. They just said it’s time to call it a day. Before I have the CC diagnoses I was absolutely against a hysterectomy sounded way to dramatic but now with the combination of problems, and with two girls for myself to look after it’s more important I am safe and healthy. I think because I am only 29 I didn’t want to commit to anything to big but obviously this has changed things now x

1 Like

Hi Frankie
Glad they caught it really early… hysterectomy does sound drastic for twenties but if that secures your peace of mind to be sure there is no place for cc to come back which ensures you will be around for your girls, then that sounds to be the better option… Sending you best wishes… Lots of thread on here for what to expect pre op and recovery post op…

Thankyou,

I will definitely be reading up with what comes with the op. He has said he can leave my ovaries to prevent pre menopause. I mean tbh I have no idea what to expect. I won’t stress until I have my results. Are you currently waiting to be seen ? X

I was diagnosed cin1 3yrs ago and then aug2021 cin3 and cgin so had lletz under ga. waiting for test of cure in March for now… I found this forum so helpful when I was waiting for results and the unknown so I check regularly to offer support for ladies who are new in this journey😊

2 Likes

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are both well.
Sorry for a delayed reply, haven’t been feeling to clever today, think I’ve caught a bug from work.
Applepie, Ive found my sleep pattern has been all over the place since treatment also, although i slept a little better last night, just longing for a relaxing bath now ive had enough of showers :upside_down_face: I hope you are doing okay now, and thank you for your messages they have really helped from both yourself and FrankieJ.
FrankieJ thank you for letting me know, I had you in my thoughts today, Im glad they don’t think its anything sinister and i truely hope they get the results back quickly, Have they given you a rough time scale for your appointment for the hysterectomy? How are you feeling about it?

Always here ladies.

sending you both hugs and wishing you both all the best
xxx

1 Like

Hi carley,

Thankyou for your kind words. Well he hasn’t told me the wait time at all as of yet. He said it all depends if I am clear of CGIN and CC so I guess if it’s still present I would be a priority if not then technically it’s a just incase surgery so maybe a longer wait ? I’m not sure. So much information to take in today. But it’s hard to beleive sometimes when they say it’s unlikely to spread etc. When I’m in the small minority already, most won’t need treatment from a colonoscopy, most don’t then have high grade, most don’t need a lletz and majority don’t turn into early cancer. So it’s tricky to think it doesn’t haven’t all the time, but does happen to some. I think I need to not stress until I know my results. As if there cells are back etc the choice is out of my hands. I am young to be having such operation but I do have two children thank god. I’m pleased to hear you slept better last night, not so pleased to hear you may have a bug bless you get well soon !! Xx