LLETZ treatment and colposcopy

Hi,
First time poster and just after a bit of advice.

I went for my smear back in February and within a couple of weeks received a call from the doctor followed by a letter advising that I was positive for HPV and also had moderate abnormal cells. The doctor called me to say I had been put through for an urgent appt and I received the appt the next day to be seen within 2 weeks.

I went for my colposcopy today and the gynaecologist said he’d like to do the LLETZ treatment then and there.

He then advised that I should have my results from the biopsy in a week.

I guess my question is should I be worried about the speed of everything, he did say to me they try to see all women within 2 weeks but I can see from reading lots of the forums that isn’t the case.

I should also mention I have always struggled with extremely heavy periods and bad pains, I quite often have lower stomach/ groin pain too.

Thank you in advance for any support. Really struggling with the anxiety of it all.

Hi, all of my appointments came through fairly quickly so I don’t think it’s anything to be overly worried about. I had my smear in December, had a letter for colposcopy appointment on New Year’s Eve, and appointment on 6th Jan. I had the results from this on 20th Jan showing CIN 2 with an appointment for 14th Feb for LLETZ. I’ve just had the results back from this today that say they found CIN3 but I just have to go back for another smear in 6 months to make sure it’s all gone. Hopefully that gives you an idea of the wait times, the waiting is the worst bit in my opinion! I found the letters very vague as well but there is phone number for the clinic on the letter which I called today, the first person I spoke to was a nurse that explained everything thoroughly so if you have any questions give them a call and I’m sure they will be able to help. Hope all goes well for you x