Normal smear, hpv16 +ve, lletz

Hi, I’ve never had a smear done before this year as I only became sexually active this year. When I went for the smear in June, it came back normal but hpv 16 positive. Went a smear again this month and it was normal and hpv still present. The gynae did a colposcopy and said let’s do a lletz procedure. But the lady who did my TV scan said why is lletz being done if my smear is normal. I’m co confused and stressed. I’ve been reading about lletz and the fact that it will cause complications with future pregnancies is worrying me. I’m not sure if the gynae is being over cautious or there’s something very wrong down there. Any advice would be very appreciated. I’m going to go see her to ask for questions and maybe ask for second opinion. Thank you very much!

Hi:) get a second opinion. You don't need unnecessary procedures.  My results came back normal from my biopsy. So I was told to come back a year later. Don't do lletz unless you have someone else advise. 

thank you for your reply:) i have cancelled the lletz and will go for a second opinion. so stressful!! all the best to you and happy new year:)

Of course, same to you!! :) keep us posted on the 2nd opinion! 

hi, I've only now received the letter regarding the the first colposcopy which says that I have a large ectropion with dense Hpv changes on the posterior lip of the cervix. does this mean cancerous cells? I'm so confused and even more stressed! Please advise , thank you!