No clue what I’m going in for

Hi ladies,

I’ve posted on here a couple of times due to length of this latest smear saga (routine smear 01/08/23, results confirming changes 01/11/23, colposcopy/biopsy 06/11/23 & finally results confirming CIN 17/01/24) Ive an appointment on Tuesday to remove the cells but my letter only advised CIN with no grade and didn’t tell me what treatment I’m having and from what I gather a loop excision and a LLETZ are different? Just wondering if when anyone else got their results they were that vague or is your letter meant to confirm more information because I’ve no idea what to prepare myself for… thanks x

Hi!

This was the exact same letter I had.

When I got to the appointment the Dr recomended a LLETZ as my results were CIN3 and CGIN, and the abnormalities were in the canal of my cervix, but said the choice was up to me as to whether or not i’d rather just have the cells burns away. She gave me the choice because i’ve just turned 28, and I haven’t yet had a family. She told me the risks of having the cells burned away could mean some may get left behind. I had prepared myself for LLETZ so I chose to go ahead with this.

Good luck xx

Hi Janes,

I see - that makes sense, maybe there will be options, that’s good to know!

Thanks for sharing x

1 Like