Lletz treatment for CIN 2-3

Hi everyone

I've been reading everyone's posts for a while and hope everyone's doing ok. This is such a lovely supportive community.

om writing because I've got lletz treatment this coming Monday and I'm just worried about the results. At my colposcopy the consultant said she thought it was cin1 and took 2 biopsies to be sure, but the results of that came back as cin2-3. Could it be even further but not picked up on the biopsy? I'd be grateful for any similar experiences.thank you xx

Hi Claire, 

I am in a similar position to you. My smear test originally showed bordeline changes, at my colposcopy the doctor thought it was a very small area and would likely come back as CIN1 and would just need moniotoring. I was dissapointed when i received my results as a mixture of CIN1 & CIN2 and invited back for a discussion where i decided to have the  LLETZ treatment rather than just monitor it. I had this on Tuesday and it went well and wasnt as bad as i was expecting. They said results of this would be upto 6 weeks but now i am worried that it will come back worse this time. Hope your treatment goes okay Monday, mine was no worse than the colposcopy. I think its the mental worry of waiting for results which is worse x

Hi, I've just had my Lletz treatment on 4th May and current have bloating and pain in and off.  I'm also worried about lletz results as my smear only showed low grade but biopsies showed CIN3 (though that's probably because I had some low, some high and the biopsies she took were from the higher grade spots).  Nurse has reassured me that she's done a thorough job as I've had my children but still worried about final results. Let me know how you get on. 

Yes, the waiting now is very mentally draining.  I do feel relieved that I've had it done though. 

I also had mixed results, biopsy being higher( see footnote). 
Wondering if my cells are also a mixture.

thank you for posting, I have been waiting what seems an eternity for my Lletz- hopefully not so long now.

I had a similar experience.  I had my first colposcopy in March 2020 and the doctor said CIN1 at most.  Biopsy showed CIN3.  I had a LEEP shortly after that, but it was ineffective.  At the moment, I'm dealing with another colposcopy coming up because my smears keep coming back abnormal.

Hi thank you so much for your reply. I'm so glad your treatment went well and hope the results come back soon for you. The waiting is definitely the worst and the not knowing. Let us know how you get one. Thank you I feel like I'm not alone! Xxx

Hi thank you for your reply I hope your pain is getting better? That sounds very similar. Glad the nurse was confident she got it all and I really hope you get your results soon. Thank you xxx

Hi thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear it wasn't effective I hope after the next colposcopy they can help you and quickly xxx