newbie here.

Hiya, hope everyone is well. 

I’m a newbie here.

My last smear was last June which showed I had HPV, but no abnormal cells. Next smear will be this coming June. 

I have been having postcoital bleeding on/off since then. My GP thought it was due to hormonal changes so I decided to get off all contraception for the time being, however it still hasn’t resolved it. 

Googling has been the worst thing ever. 

I have now been referred for a colposcopy and awaiting an appointment. I have been in touch with the hospital, and they informed me they are working on a backlog from last year due to the current situation, so I should hear back by June. 

Horrific wait, however there are women who have been waiting longer than me.

I’ve found studies on AHCC and started taking them but have no idea how much to take. Has anyone taken these supplements?

How are you doing? Google can be a terrifying place but you've absolutely done the right thing by going back to the GP and now waiting for a colposcopy. It's good that there were no abnormal cells last year, things do change slowly so it's great you're being seen hopefully within the next few months, but I understand how frightening and frustrating that wait is!

Never heard of those supplements to be honest, but now I'm curious!

Kim

I take 3000 mg a day of AHCC

plus other vitamins- immunace, turmeric, greens

no idea if this is helpful, just wanted to do something maybe