Need help girls... BLOOD IN URINE

Hi girls

So I am really freaking out. I went to the toilet before, and noticed there was some blood in my urine. It was very murky and seemed a small amount but as you can understand, I am really worrying. So I just used the dilator to make sure it wasn't vaginal, which it was all clear on the dilator.

Now I know that my doctor has mentioned to me that slight bleeding can occur via the bladder or bowel, but I have never had this before. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had a scan over a week ago for my 12 month appointment which isn't until the 27th of Nov. No one has called me with the results of the scan. My hospital can be a bit slack sometimes so I suspect they haven't even looked at my scan, or they could just be waiting til the 27th? I know I could just call and ask over the phone but I am petrified, and think I would handle it better if I was there. 

I am just really worried right now. I know I shouldn't be, because my doctors have told me that slight bleeding/mucus can be expected but I just hate when a new symptom comes up. God I hate this so much.

Should I just wait til the 27th for my appointment? Or should I call? I just am too scared to call. I am worried that if it is bad news, I won't be able to cope and I have my daughter to think about.

Can anyone shed light on the bloody urine as well? Maybe I have an infection, it did hurt slightly when I peed?

Thanks girls.

Rosie 

Hey Rosie, 

Give them a call. They might even ask you just to get a mid stream urine. Sometimes even an infection can cause it and they can check your scan too. You will feel better when you do it. Way better than worrying. Xx

Hi

take a deep breath and Try to think through this logically. 

First, blood in the urine can be cause by many different things. I once had blood in my itine and they never found the cause as all my tests for infection came back clear. This happened for about 48 hrs before it just magically disappeared. 

I also once had a kidney infection and had blood in my Urine. 

I also once since treatment ended had what appeared to be some blood in my urine but when I went in for an appointment at my GP the next morning (couldn't get into my oncology dept until a few days later, nurse suggested to visit GP for a test) but when I gave a sample it was clear. 

So, what I recommend is this....

if this continues throughout the day then first thing call to get an appointment. You will be going on the 27th so if it dissapears or you have no ther issues then wait and mention. OR give your GP a call to go in for them to test your urine and then go from there. 

Please try not to panic and think the worst. 

Big hugs

It’s scary isn’t it!!

I’ve had this a few times. Once was an infection. The other times were after exercise. I  spoke to my consultant and he was not concerned. If you had radiotherapy this weakens the bladder meaning it bleeds more easily!! I also suffer regularly from cystitis so it stings when I pee!! Yet another of the many wonderful side effects we‘re left with!!

Try not to panic. Speak to your nurse/ consultant and I’m sure they’ll reassure You. Xx

Hi Rosie 

I have seen a few ladies on here talking about blood in urine...radiotherapy does a number on your bladder. 

I say ring to mention it. Best to fave these things head on and hopefully it'll be nothing. 

Love Cara xxx

Thank you all so much for your input. I really appreciate it. 

So I went to the Gp this morning and he did a mid stream test and said there was blood and protein in my urine so he assumed it was a uti so prescribed me antibiotics. He said I could call on Monday to get the results. 

I haven't seen any more blood in my urine (even though Obviously it's there). 

I haven't called the hospital either yet. I will try and call this afternoon (if I can muster the courage) otherwise my best friend said she can come over on Monday and be here while I make the call. I just really think I need the support. 

I have calmed down. I know a few months ago I experienced some bleeding from the back passage and my consultant wasn't concerned about that. 

I am really hoping it's nothing. Will know more by Monday and will let you know. 

don't know where I'd be without this forum. 

Hope you're all well as can be xx

Glad to hear Rosie. Always a good idea to have support when you feel like you need it. My friends usually make me see the funny side of things and laugh. Definitely relieves the tension. Occasionally listen to me lose the plot and sometimes just hang and be normal. Take care of yourself. Xx

Ok so a little update on me. the Gp called me today and said I do have an infection so that the blood is most likely related to that. Also I was looking at my previous post and I actually posted back in January about having blood in urine (which was also an infection) back then. So i have had this before but I forgot. 

My check up is next week. I feel sick just thinking about it. 

Love to all x