Necrotic cells

Continuing the discussion from Really worried now:

Hi
I am going through a similar situation and wondered how you got on?

Hi,

I ended up with hysterectomy in December, after 2nd lletz came back with unclear margins. It was quite quick they said because unable to get clear Margins. My results kept coming back cin3 each time. They sent me letter after hysterectomy saying the cervix had come back cin3. I still have to go to colposcopy 6 months after hysterectomy for a vault smear as they need to check the hpv has cleared as now at risk of vaginal cancer until the hpv clears, apparently my body should get rid of it itself

Hi
Thank you thats reasuring to hear. I had a smear that had necrotic cells which I didnt find out until I had a colposcopy and was latterly booked in for a lletz. I then had a letter saying they had changed the lletz for a cone biopsy having seen my case at MDT meeting. Obviouly my head went into over drive. My colposcoly came back cin2 and cin3 and when this was expalined to me they called the nectroic cells a dirty background. I didn’t completely understand this at the time but the letter they forwarded onto my doctor then discribed them as necrotic cells so I was convinced there was a tumor there they just havent found it yet ie the necrotic cells are a smoking gun. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me good luck and I hope your treatment is now over.