My experience post trachelectomy

Hello!

First time posting here.

I am one week following my laparoscopic (a bit like a c-section) trachelectomy and thought it might be helpful to post my experience here in case it's helpful to anyone else.

I had the op on a wednesday and was home by friday evening.

They used glue on my tummy and it's healing really nicely, it looks so much better than I thought it would :-)

I spent saturday indoors resting, sunday I was out in the park for 30 mins, monday 2.5 hrs outside and then 3hrs on tuesday, albeit walking extremely slowly and spending much time sitting down!

Today I'm feeling some of the nerves tingling to my tummy skin area which was quite numb before.

My bladder didn't work very well following the op and so I have a cathater for a week until it wakes back up again!

I'm keeping as healthy as possible by eating well, no driniking, and lots of sleeping - listening to my body.

The thing that is the biggest pain is coughing and laughing - it both hurt my tummy like crazy!! :D

My Mum was with me the whole week following the op and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions!

Caroline xoxox

Hi Caroline, thank you for sharing your experiences. I am having the same surgery in 2 weeks and quite worried about the recovery. I gave birth by c section 3 months ago so hoping to have a similar recovery time wise as really want to be able to get back to normal with my little boy. 

How are you doing since?

Ci xx