Four Weeks Post Trachelectomy - good news! (children mentioned)

Hi all,

I haven't been on since before my op- I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and well wishes pre op and to give you an update.

I don't think I was fully prepared for how big the trachelectomy and lymph node removal was- my op lasted over 6 hours, longer than normal because they had to be careful around where I'd had the cone biopsy not long before. I had a rough couple of days in hospital where my bowel and digestive system was 'sleepy' and had a rather unflattering 'bile bag' that was attached to a tube that ran up my nose and into my stomach. Once that was taken out I felt like myself and continued to get better and better.

The weekend before my op my lovely boyfriend of 6 and 1/2 years asked me to marry him! It was perfect timing and really did give me something positive to look forward to- and a very sparkly ring to show the nurses! On valentine's day I got a call from my favourite doctor to say the lymph node results were clear and showed no pre cancerous cells, so everything had been removed and they staged me as 1B1. Best valentine's present ever! 

I've had one check up since- just to chat about the results and look at my key hole wounds- which are so tiny, I'm amazed! So I've just got further check ups, colposcopys (colposcopies?), MRI scans and will hopefully continue to recover well.

If all does continue to go well, then 6 months post op we've been told we can try to get pregnant (and I think we will try straight away). I'm a bit apprehensive as I know the chances of miscarrying are higher now. But I feel so lucky that I've still got the oppotunity to try, as for 3 days I was scheduled for a hysterectomy and thought this would never be a possibility. I feel like I've got a lot of 'life' decisions to make; go back to uni to finish my masters, try for a baby, plan a wedding! But they're all nice things to worry about and I think I'm going to see how the next few months pan out.

I've potentially got a new job, somewhere where i used to work, and I'm excited to get back to a normal routine sometime soon. It's crazy to think that 3 months a go my life was well and truly turned upside down, but thanks to friends, family and the amazing medical team that looked after me, my story has turned around to be a positive one.  

Thank you again for all being so lovely :)

J

x