6 weeks post Trachelectomy :)

Hi ladies

Thought I’d just do a little update - I struggled abit to find posts with ladies having a radical Trachelectomy and had to search through the forum so thought I’d add a post about how I’m getting on and to share abit of positivity!

I can’t believe it has been 6 weeks today since my Trachelectomy and lymph node removal… I think all things considering I’m doing really well.
Today my stupid bloody socks have come off!!! I actually did a little dance :slight_smile: and I’ve been driving no problem.
I’m due to go back to work Tuesday… I’m a little scared that I won’t be able to hack it, I’ve got quite a physical/busy job so they’ve agreed to take it easy on me and if I need to go home I can go home! I just can’t wait to get back to ‘normal’ or should I say my new normal! I actually think my new normal is alot better, I’ve been on such a journey the last few months as many of you understand but I feel like I’ve come out the other side a much happier and content person, I’ve got some amazing people around me… And some crap ones that are no longer :slight_smile:
I do have my down days where I think Oh. My. God. What just happened and why me, but honestly I’m proud of what I’ve done and how far I’ve come :slight_smile:

Physically I’m not back to me just yet, I get worn out quicker, abit achey and still getting abit of discharge… And my first period was horrible!! … But it’s only 6 weeks and hopefully all that will improve… I cannot wait to start up my running again! Considering doing the half marathon next year for Jo’s :slight_smile:

Thankyou ladies for supporting me and reading all my posts! :slight_smile:

Em xx

Hi EmJess,

Lovely update and so nice to see so much positivity in your life. I’m glad you’ve grown through the whole experience and made improvement (lost the losers!) in your life.

You’ve come through your first 6 weeks, here’s to the next 6 months, years, decades.

Well done you x x x x

Hi EmJess,

Lovely update and so nice to see so much positivity in your life. I’m glad you’ve grown through the whole experience and made improvement (lost the losers!) in your life.

You’ve come through your first 6 weeks, here’s to the next 6 months, years, decades.

Well done you x x x x

Well done Em. You are doing fantastically! Thanks for all the support you have given me every step of the way. Here's to the next 6 months, running marathons and shedding our socks, lol xXx