Mri results

Hi just an update I spoke to my nurse this afternoon and she told me the results from my Mri I have a 7cm Tumor on my cervix invading the parametrium 1 lymph node involed and pressing on my bowel staged 2b she said they will be going down the route of curative intent chemo and radio I am going to see the doctor tomorrow at Leeds Helen xx

So sorry to hear your news Helen, sounds as though you are taking it in your stride though. I can't offer much in the way of advice as I am still at the scan stage at the moment so I don't know about stage or treatment plan yet, but from what I have seen there are plenty of other women on here who have been staged the same or similar who are doing incredibly well. I'm sure some of them will be along soon to offer up some advice. Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow with the doctor. Is someone going with you? Sending you positive thoughts x

Thankyou Rzy 16 for your reply my Husband is going with me tomorrow xx

Hi Helen. Sorry to hear your news. I was diagnosed back in July and I finished my treatment of chemo/radiotherapy and brachytherapy a few weeks ago. Feel free to direct message me anytime I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about what's to come. Hope you're ok xx

Thankyou Nell_89 I really am thankfull for your response I'm doing ok xx

Hi Helen Hang on tight to those words curative intent. You know that's the goal and more than likely the outcome. Treatment is tough on you. I hated the cisplatin but found the radio fine. 6 weeks seems a long time from your side but quite short once you're through it. Be strong Jayne

Thankyou Jayne xx

Hi Helen 

so  you know what the plan is, and you can focus on getting yourself prepared. I am also a 2b girl and did ok with the treatment. Opposite to Jayne I found the chemo extremely easy but suffered with the radio. Everyone is different but we all get through it! 

Rest assured the treatment is very successful and soon enough you will be on this side of the fence. 

We are all her to support you and offer any advice or give our experiences. The one thing that's very important to remember is you are not alone in this! 

Hugs

Hi Helen- I'm a Leeds girl also was 2b treated with chemo/radiotherapy/brachytherapy. Had my 12mth+ results today and once again very pleased & in remission.

Ask anything you like - hope you get dr. Cooper lovely lady!

best wishes - rest assured you'll be in great hands

Thankyou so much Lolli 888 xxx

Thankyou so much MME so glad you are doing well xx

Hi Helen

i am a 2b girl also. once you start your treatment,those 6 weeks will fly by. I had my treatment chart on the fridge and ticked off every day,its amazing how fast the ticks appear. I found radiotherapy easy,and chemo too,but chemo didnt like me very much so had to miss the last one. I finished 2 weeks ago and am unpatiently waiting on my scan and follow up appointments. Keep popping in here as these ladies are a godsend and full of knowledge and helpfull advice. Wishing you all the best.

Tracey x

Hi Brucegirl I had mine on the fridge too. Just ticking off the days one by one. 

It really helps eh? 

I remember getting so excited after the first week was ticked off,then before I knew it all 25 little ticks were there lol

Hi Helen :-)

I was a 2b too! Not as lucky as you though - I had to have the surgery first and to be perfectly honest with you I think that missing that stage and jumping straight to the chemo/rads would have been preferable. Fingers crossed that like me, you have hardly any issues with the treatment. Cheering you all the way!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thankyou Tracey really helpful xx

Thankyou Tivoli xx

Hi Helen- hope your appointment went ok and the staff at jimmy's looked after you. I'm sure you'll still be taking stock of everything- it's quite mind blowing in the early days.

If you've any questions we're all here for you.

Thankyou MME the appointment was ok staff and Doctor were all really good have a PET scan on Thursday and an EUA next Tuesday and they need to take some bloods for kidney function xx

Hi Helen - hope the EUA has gone OK.

Just wanted to add that everyting you mentioned is routine - we've all followed the same path!

Which doctor is looking after you?

Do keep us posted on your progress - we're all here holding your hand!