We have an answer :-( (children mentioned)

Was diagnosed as having a stage 2b yesterday.  Mri next Thursday to find out true extent of "it" and if and where it has spread. We went totally shocked by the results as had convinced ourselves that it was cc. This roller coaster is not 1 that I would have chosen but I'm trying to stay positive as I am 33 and have 3 beautiful children. As yet there is no treatment plan, well not until the 9th June anyway. All we have to go on so far is that treatment is probably going to include chemo, radio and surgery. I suppose what I'm after is not just the support that people offer on this forum but some hope and experience (  only if you feel you can). I know the staging is likely to change after the scan but at the moment, we can only go on what we have 

thanks in advance xx

Hi Erin. Sorry for your diagnosis Hon! I was originally told probably a 2b, but after an examination marginally it was changed to 1b...the mri showed the tumour against the vaginal wall and it looked like it was growing into it, but it wasn't! I am hoping all the tests come back with positive results! I am here if you need a chat, you can always pm me as well. I also have three beautiful children xxx

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. 

you are now in that in between world of diagnosis and treatment and will probably be a regular at the hospital for one thing or another. Do whatever you need to do to get through. the MRI's will probaly give a much clearer idea of what treatment is needed. I wa told surgery, radio, chemo and ended up with 'just' surgery. I think they try to prepare you for everything! Hope you manage to get some sleep in the interim. Any specific questions you want to ask me feel free. Always happy to help. x

Hi Erin :-)

So sorry to hear your diagnosis, but you are in the best place now :-) I was also a 2b and had the full gamut of surgery, chemo, radio & brachy therapies so feel free to ask me anything you like. It seems as though in UK if you are a 2b they usually start with chemo-rads whereas my treatment began with surgery. I am not in UK.

Be lucky :-)

Tivoli

Thanks for the replies ladies. 

I'm very much hoping that it won't come to all that treatment,  but will go through whatever it takes for the sake of my family. It's all so daunting when they just come out with the list of possibles. If I had my way I would have the surgery and then be blasted to rid myself of whatever was left, but hey what do I know. I hope too that I can still have a life this summer and not just be stuck having treatment, again for my families sake. I've already given up my hobby in preparation and am lost without it. 

There's nothing I can do now until I have the results of the mri next week. I'm already feeling like I should perhaps move in to the hospital for the duration as we are there weekly.

Hi Erin,

Now is the time to start a new portable hobby :-) Needlepoint, knitting or crochet fit in really well with hospital waiting rooms/wards/being stuck in bed feeling ropey.

Tivoli

Hi Tivoli, 

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have the patience for needle craft, ive tried in the past and lasted a matter of hours before giving up. Sad as it maybe to admit that at 33 I do still find colouring therapeutic so this is something I will get back to. Of course I don't mean children's colouring books but the more complex patterns etc. Reading is also something I'm happy to do to waste time and distract myself. 

Having given up my horse, I aim to be able to get outside even if just sat in the garden, good old British weather permitting.

Hi Erin,

I'm really sorry to hear about the horse - that really is a tough one to give up. I had to stop horses and motorcycles after having a disc removed :-( But colouring patterns! Now you're talking :-D That's really all my needlepoint is. I design geometric patterns (or Celtic knotwork) and then render them in colour on fabric - fab fun :-) And reading too :-)

Tivoli