MRI Results

Hi Ladies Yesterday was my last day of Chemoradiation lots of well wishes and hugs. I had an MRI in the morning and an appointment with the Consultant to get my results. Well he asked if I would like to see the photos so i jumped at the chance. On the screen was a before and after photo I was shocked how big my tumour was it had grown up to my Bowel but thankfully did not go into it. Then I looked at the after photo the doctor had to point out where the tumour was it was tiny my insides looked like it was back to normal it was amazing. I will have Brachytherapy on Tuesday and the following week to zap the rest of the tumour. I am over the moon I have been unwell at times during treatment and worrying if the treatment would work it did I saw it with my own 2 eyes. I wish all you ladies a full recovery I know it can be difficult at times but you can do it with all the support and encouragement from the wonderful ladies on here who know exactly what your going through.

I will keep you posted during Brachytherapy Lots of Love xx

Oh what wonderful news, I wish you well for the last hurdle of your treatment. It's so great to hear positive stories re treatment. I am just about to embark.on my treatment journey and hearing your news has given me so faith in the treatments offered and hope that I too can have a positive outcome. 

Love and we'll wishes xx

Wow! Brilliant! What a lovely consultant! The system in Greece is that the patient is the custodian of their own notes and scans, but I have only the post-surgery scans not the original diagnostic ones so I have never seen a pic of my own tumour. That must have been really fascinating and exciting! Hurrah! Hope the brachy goes well :-)

xxxxx
Tivoli

Hi Kumagill,

Fantastic news, so very very pleased for you.

Good Luck with your Bracytherapy

XX

Great news....lets hope the brachy finishes it off completely.

Really pleased for you.

Px

fantastic news I'm made up for you! Hope Tuesday goes well keep us updated xx

Thankyou ladies for your kind words of encouragement I am nearly at the finish line I cant believe it. I think its helped seeing the photos because i feel confident the Brachytherapy will get the last bit of my Tumour. I will keep you updated thanks for your support. Lots of love xx

Brilliant news so pleased for you. Good luck with the brachytherapy treatment.

Helen

xxxx

Hope your brachytherapy goes as well as mine did x let us know x 

Thanks ladies I go into hospital tonight for 5 then start treatment tomorrow morning so i am on the home run. Thanks for support and encouragement  I will keep you posted xx

Wish there was a like button! x

Super news Kumagill!!!

Bet that Brachy completely blasts whatever trickle there is left and then its on with the rest of you life hun :-)

Hugs n luv xx

Brilliant news, good luck for tomorrow can't wait till I'm at this stage!!

That's brilliant news. hope you ok today xxx

Great news u go girl xxx

Thanks ladies for all your encouragement it means alot to help spur me on this last leg of the journey. I had my first brachy yesterday and i have a double dose next week and thats it over. I didnt realise the Brachy only takes 20 minutes the rest of the time is preparation. The Brachy itself doesnt hurt at all just like the external Radiotherapy the machine makes a few noises when delivering the treatment. I think the most difficult part for me was lying still for several hours and worried I would cough or sneeze and blow the Rods across the room lol Lots of love xx

Thanks for keeping us updated and hope it's going well, I can't wait to be at the end stage however the brachytherapy does terrify me a little so it's good and reassuring to hear all about it!! 

Rest up and keep well xxx

Glad to hear you're done with chemo hun! Wish you all the best for the brachy! Stay positive and strong, the worst is over. Lots of hugs and love xxx

Kumagill, you are a star. Glad your first braccy went well x on the home straight now x 

How bloody fantastic!  Almost done and you can put all this behind you!  I hope you are planning the biggest celebration with all your family and friends during which you deserve to get mind-blowingly drunk!! Congratulations. Finish line so close that you are almost tripping over it!