I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, as I've been waiting for the results of the biopsy. I was called by my consultant yesterday at home - he confimed what I expected,
which was that I had cervical cancer (adenocarcinoma, not the more usual squamous cell type) and that it was aggressive (grade 3).
Surgery has been provisionally booked for the end of July (approx six weeks from now) pending the MRI findings. Presumably this will inform him as to whether I'll need chemo/radiotherapy.
I've got some questions that I hope someone can answer:
- How long did you have to wait for the MRI? Is it worth chasing the Radiology department?
- For those that had chemo/rad as well as surgery, which did you have first?
- He mentioned that I might need a vertical line incision, but that possibily the main hysterectomy could be performed through my c-section scar, with the high lymph glands removed laprascopically - does anyone have expeience of this?
- Does the six -week wait for surgery seem reasonable?
Thanks very much in advance