Minor changes/borderline

I am just wondering if anyone has had bordeline, minor changes which have resolved on their own.

i have lot of worry. I was very silly and had 2 smears a year a part both saying minor changes. I got a recall for 6 months and didn’t go. I only attended now, 3 years later. I am in a complete state of panic and worry what will be the outcome especially due to leaving it so long and my own stupidity. 

If anyone has experience of these changes or not going back when they should. 

May doctor says it should take 10 years to develop in to anything and chances are it’ll be fine. The nurse at the smear said my cervix looked normal. 

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer with any advice.

Chances are of it was my minor changes and no HPV present they will have gone back to normal. And as the doctor says it takes a long time for cells to change into cancer.

I had a PAP 3 years ago which was normal, DR said to come back in 3 years. So, I went in again Feb 2018 which indicated "ASCUS" , Which is basically borderline...my cells didn't look normal but they didn't look abnormal either. It's basically atypical cells of an undetermined significance. My doctor said that my cervix looked completely normal and healthy during the PAP and said they could either wait a year and do the PAP again or I could go and get a colposcopy to see what was going on. He assured me it was most likely going to be nothing. Well, I decided on the colposcopy and I'm glad I did as it turns out I had CIN 3. So, in my case, despite being a very healthy individual who doesn't drink, smoke, etc..for some reason, my body wasn't able to clear the dysplasia. 

It's true that it typically takes a very long time to develop into anything more sinister. And the VAST majority of borderline/minor cell changes DO resolve back to normal on their own. 

Hopefully you will get your PAP results soon and you can put it all behind you! :) 

Thanks for replies ladies just feelings so stupid and worried. I had a panic attack and had to get diazepam prescription to calm me down. 

I cannot believe so much time had passed life got busy and I didn’t go back. I just fear the complete worst.

what does ascus mean sorry marie87

kind wishes to you all

brook

ASCUS is: Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance 

It's essentially "borderline"..it's one step up from a "normal" pap. The cells don't look "normal" persay, but don't look abnormal either. 

I'm sorry to hear about your panic attacks. It's such an awful thing to go through. I really hope you get your results soon!! 

Hi I had an ascus result and it turned out to be cin2. Had the cells removed in September last year (via leep). I went for a checkup this month and there were no more abnormal cells seen on the colposcopy. 

Try not panic, I know it's hard but the stress isn't good for your immune system 

Thanks for your reply gezabel. I hope you get your results soon and all well with you.

xx

Hi Catherine. 

I so appreciate your response. I think it’s amazing women are here on this forum willing to take time out to share their experiences and give support, advice or just listen.

im trying not to worry- on week 3 of waiting results now. I just fear I have waited 3 years out of pure fear/ stupidity. 

I went through a period of depression and remembering throwing away or hiding letters for reminders to go. As I just couldn’t cope, I had a break up, my best friends parent passed away from cancer and I didn’t feel I could speak with anyone at that time. I then left it so long I basically forgot. 

It’s my greatest regret. I’ve been given diazepam to calm me until I get results. 

If I had read info on this forum when I got my results in 2015 I wouldn’t have been this fearful and would have went right back for my appt in 2016. 

so pleased to hear of your recent clear result too. 

Wish you the best of health for the future xx

Hi Marie

so glad to hear you have normal smear and negative HPv. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with me and others on forum. As I said in another message it means a lot.

I wish you the best of health for the future xx

After over 5 weeks awaiting results, which still haven’t been delivered. 

My GP receptionist broke protocol and told me negative result back in 6 months to make sure. 

Hopefully my letter comes soon to confirm as seeing this in writing would be way more reassuring.

thank you all for your help and support, taking time to reply and to JoS trust for this great forum and support. 

Xx