HPV borderline changes

Hi all on the 3rd year now of HPV showing up on my smear test but this time with borderline changes to cells.
I received my letter yesterday and said i should recieve an appointment in 4 weeks for a coloscpy.

I just cant get this out of my mind and feel like im ruining christmas because i cant seem to get in the right mind set. Just looking for some advice or peoples experiences please , does a coloscpy hurt and will they tell me there and then if it something serious .

Thank you

Hey sorry you’re going through this. I wound myself right up before my colposcopy but it was actually fine. Both the ladies there were lovely and I didn’t find it uncomfortable- I’d probably rather my smear done that way actually! Even though my smear was negative, she still did the acid test and nothing showed up. I had two biopsies taken (I was sent because of how my cervix looked at my smear) to confirm an ectropian, I also have nabothian cysts. I didn’t feel the biopsies which suprised me. She told me at the time there was no concern and the worst my biopsy will come back with is low risk hpv which is of no concern either. Both of my sisters have had colposcopy’s with cell changes and been told at the time what they were. I hope this helps and good luck for your colposcopy.

1 Like

Thank you so much for replying im just stressing myself out as when i had my smear past 2 years the nurse explained how i was high risk of pre cancerous cell so was hoping this year would become clear of hpv. But no such luck and now with borderline changes. Thank you for replying you have put my mind at ease about the colospy as im panacking about that also