MDT discussion after clear LLETZ

Hi all, I’m really worrying and could do with some reassurance if possible.

I was diagnosed with stage 1a1 after my first LLETZ. Was expected to be just CIN3 but they found microscopic cancer. I then had a second LLETZ under GA which came back totally clear, no more cancer or CIN. I also had a pelvic MRI scan more recently, which my doctor ordered just to check, and have been waiting for the results before being discharged.

I’ve been told my MRI results are back now (but they didn’t tell me what they were on the phone) and my case has been discussed at the MDT this week. As soon as they said this, of course I am thinking the worst- why would my case be discussed at MDT unless they have identified something wrong and need to decide how to treat me?

I was really hoping that was the end of it and I was going to be discharged at my upcoming appointment in a few days. Is it routine to be discussed at MDT before discharge?

Thanks x

Mdt is quite common when it’s not a perfectly clear result.
Doesn’t mean anything bad, just means all the involed parties need to discuss the results, it may be that you need a fillow up smear in 6 months, if your low grade, to monitor.
I wish you all the best at your visit, ask questions and be clear about what is the conclusion before you leave.
Hugs X x x

2 Likes

Hi worried worm
Just reading some of the posts as finding them helpful at the moment and just wondered if you had heard back from your MRI scan yet? X

Hi, I had my appointment last week and thankfully everything was fine. My MRI was clear and showed no evidence of any tumour, spread or lymph node swelling which is a huge relief.

Apparently having a MDT is standard procedure, they discussed my follow up plan. I wish they could have told me this on the phone when I enquired, it would saved me a lot of worrying. My consultant had actually written a very nice letter explaining everything to me but it got delayed in the post and didn’t arrive until after my appointment.

I get followed up very thoroughly- smear and colposcopy every 6 months for next 2 years, then annually for 8 years. MRI scans annually for 5 years. My doctor said it is very unlikely to come back.

Best of luck to those of you also going through this- it’s a nerve wracking experience- but can have a positive outcome even though it’s hard to believe at times xxx

1 Like