Main symptom rotting discharge? What stage cc is this normally?

Hey guys

Been having irregular bleeding and disgusting smelly discharge for a couple of months. Doctors sent me for ultrasound, who then sent me to colposcopy about a week ago. 
The doctor told me their is a 4 cm mass on my cervix and suspicious lesion and she is pretty sure it's cervical cancer, she did a biopsy, still no results. I have a PET scan and MRI this week to see how advanced etc the cancer is. I have been looking at google and the smelly discharge seems to be in advanced CC only. I'm now petrified. Did anyone on here have stinking discharge and be at an early stage.

Thanks ? 

Hey Jamorgan,

I'm so sorry that you find yourself in the club no one wants to be a member of, try not to google anything, easier said than done I know I spent hours and hours driving myself nuts on google. if this site has taught me anything it is that we all have very different experiences of the same condition. The waiting is by far the worst but seems so long ago to me now even though it's not.
Try to stay positive, I found hoping for the best and planning for the worst kept me somewhat sane, if you do have cancer there are a lot of women on here from many different stages who are testiment to how good treatments can be and you will get through this and though it won't be easy you will find a strength you May never have realised you had. 
big hugs lovely I hope you hear something soon and any questions or concerns you may have this forum is just try best place the people here are amazing.

loads of love,

emma xx 

1 Like

Ah, the scaremonger that Google is.  I hadn't had a smear test for about 12 years when I got what turned out to be my first symptom of cervical cancer which was a persistent (daily) watery yellow discharge. I wasn't particularly worried about the discharge and thought it was a mild infection that would sort itself out so I waited for about 3-4 months before I finally went to my GP about it.  Long story short; it wasn't until another month later and I had a heavy bleed that I was fast tracked for a full gynae investigation whereupon I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.  My lymph nodes were clear and my cancer was staged at 2A  - so not ideal but not advanced.

Of women on this forum who had symptoms prior to a cc diagnosis there are varying experiences as to whether the discharge was odour-free or smelly.  I think the smell of the discharge is likely to be influenced by what types of bugs happen to be present in the discharge.

x

Google is the worse, but in my case the  cancer turned out to be stage 3Ci as it's in the lymph nodes already. Although I am glad I had the symptoms otherwise could be much worse ☺️

1 Like

I have had pale yellowy maybe watery discharge first happened two years ago.then went then came back 6 months later then went again only lasted a couple of weeks at a time.
Then last year summer came back again and was off and on for about 6 weks then went then came back again.
Now its back again
No.other symptoms
No smell
Weeing and bowels all good
No bloating
No lower pelvic pain
No bleed
No smell

Hi Patty

My discharge didn’t come and go. Over the course of many weeks it gradually became more profuse and changed colour from yellow to pink (blood stained) until one day I had bleeding similar to a period.

Have you seen your GP about your discharge? There are a variety of reasons for an unusual discharge including infection, ectropion, menopause etc.

x

I think i will eventually just seems every time i been in the past they always referred me for example breast checks and even for gynae .it is there then goes for weeks then comes back when i say yellow its more pale yellow more creamy looking.x

Alos it happened just a few after I had been for a transvaginal scan for a tiny bit of spotting when i say tiny it was so small u would need a microscope to see it i just examine the tissue every time i wipe myself.
I had the Trans vaginal and it was all clear apart from a nablothain cyst which was confirmed as that so i had the all clear .
Can u get long term infections or on off thrush or Bv from an internal scan .
Sometimes I dont see anything for days or even a few weeks.x

I’ve not had the same experience and don’t have the knowledge to say. I think best to see your GP if you’re concerned.

x