lump found, BV... colposcopy in three weeks...

Hello all!

I am not sure how to go about this as Im quite new to forums! Im 33, my last smear was two and a half years ago and was clear. So I was due. I found a hard, almost long nodular lump coming from my cervix. 

I went to my GP who examined (after insiniating I might just be stressed by the way lol), and he then went all a bit funny and nervous. He said I needed to have a colposopy done, and he took two swabs. Of which he said 'should be normal as they are normal tests'. Im not sure if his bed side manner is just a bit off!

After he took a look again at my smears and said, well at least they are clear but 'good luck'. Maybe I am extra sensitive. 

After a few clerical errors as they somehow mixed my phone number with someone elses, he called to tell me I have BV (bacterial vaginosis), and that it is probably related to the lump. I don't use any washes or anything like that, but my Mother has said that she struggles with it too and cant even have a bath. 

But how would a lump be related to BV?

So, obvioulsy I am now rather scared. Just have to wait for the colposcopy to see what is going on, and hope it is something benign like a cyst or what not. 

The fact the lump is already a lump, is what is scaring me the most. And also wondering whether many cervical cancers are found at an advanced stage, so already formed like this? 

Ayeee. Also I know google isnt the best friend, but the doctor actually told me to google it. 

Freaking out.. !

Chloe xx

Hiya,

First of all, I am not a medical professional. I know you're scared but take comfort in this:

If the GP suspected cancer then they have a specific referral to make which means you are seen by a consultant within 2 weeks. The fact yours is 3 weeks is a good thing. 

There is a type of cyst that is a lump that hangs from the cervix, maybe that is what he is suggesting?

Also, it could be that he isn't that used to a ladies area? I know he is a doctor and a professional but he could be a bit more inexperienced in that specific area.

Fingers crossed for you x