Growth on cervix

Hi i have just been to see a consultant re a growth on my cervix. He said it wasn't a polyp as previously thought (it was noticed by a nurse on removal of my mirena coil) and said it looked like a 'warty lesion' and has referred me for a colposcopy but said the letter might take 2-3 weeks to come through. what's worrying me is that he's 'seen' it and I don't know what else it could be. It bled very easily the nurse told me and I do have some symptoms but I think I just need someone to say oh it could be something other than cc. Im moving house on Monday and could really do without the worry. Timing eh! Thanks for any advice x

Hi Ellen, if it was seen during a colposcopy I definitely wouldn't be overly concerned, my lesion was not seen in my smear but was in my colp & turned out to be very treatable CIN2 that has recently been successfully removed.  Hope this helps :)

Hi eliora glad to hear you were treated successfully :) I haven't had the colposcopy yet it was seen at a pelvic examination. I just keep coming back to the same thing but trying to stay positive. 

It could just be pre cancerous changes, which is likely if your previous smears have been regular & all clear?  I know it's hard but try not to assume the worst, you will probably just put yourself through unneccessary stress - if I could go back in time I would assume the best unless the worst was confirmed & in doing so have saved myself months of needless worrying!  I hope you don't have to wait too long for things to move through & your results show it is still in the early stages (which have an extremely high success rate in treatment), the waiting is the absolute worst & can truly do your head in!

Thanks for your reassurance, I really can't get my head around the fact that the only thing it can be is cancer...have I got that right? My consultant said it was a wart like lesion, I asked if it was a polyp and he said it didn't look like 1. Of course I've googled and it keeps saying if it's visible then it's invasive and stage 1b at least. 

Can anyone please let me know if they've had a visible (without microscope) growth that turned out to be nothing? I was told I had an ectropion 18 months ago but cannot remember when my last smear was. 

Worried is an understatement. 

Just to update got a letter this morning (saw consultant 2 days ago) I have an appointment next Thursday for the colposcopy. I'm trying not to panic too much but finding it hard. 

Good luck Ellen, I was hoping that someone who has experienced the same as what you are would have seen your post & answered - if you haven't already maybe try posting in the cervical screening & newly diagnosed sections to see if anyone using those forums has some information that those of us currently using this forum aren't aware of.

All the best for next Thu, hopefully the colposcopist will be able to give you an indication of what you are dealing with, mine could tell immediately that although I definitely had a lesion it didn't appear to be cancer yet.  I am thinking of you, please let me know how you get on *hug*

Thanks Eliora, I do feel a bit like I'm talking to myself so will try that and will update when I hear anything. Thanks again. 

Hi. I had similar to you. I went in June to have the mirena coil fitted and whilst getting it fitted the doctor said that she saw a "cervical ulcer". Two weeksafter she called me back to do a smear test, even though my last smear 18 months ago was clear. 2 weeks later I got the results of the smear test which showed high grade (cin3). The following week I went for a colposcopy and was told the results would take 4-6 weeks. A week later I got the results which confirmed the smear test results. I am now booked in for lletz under GA on Friday 4th. The whole process is draining. ive found that I've not really been told anything, it's just letters for appointments, wait for results...this website and these forums have given me most my answers