Low white cell count

Hi all

I’ve recently had some blood tests done by the GP due some armpit pain/ ache , the first blood test ,the white cell count came back at 2.5 the repeat test came back at 2.9 so has improved but still lower than what it should be. I’m obviously paranoid there’s something wrong as the white cell count is still low but my GP is not concerned says " improving" no need to repeat the test.
Now having had cervical cancer in 2013 and recurrent CC in 2015 , finishing chemo and radio in November 2015 I’m thinking all sorts , post treatment bloods were all ok so I’m concerned why my white cell count has fallen , my lymphocyte count is also slightly low.
Am I being paranoid ? I’ve not been ill and don’t feel ill .
Has anyone else had experience of this ,
Any advice or words of wisdom appreciated .

Many thanks

Greeni
Xx
Dec 2013 cervical cancer adenocarcinoma , Had a radical hysterectomy , overarys left.
July 2015 recurrent cervical cancer to the left ovary , surgery and chemotherapy with the radiotherapy finishing November 2015

Wish I could help you here Greeni!

I guess you have been under a lot of stress lately? Have you been eating properly? Could this be a bit of anaemia? I don't really know much about this at all so I'm stabbing in the dark here but so really didn't want to read and run. there must be shed-loads of reasons why your white cell count and lymphocyte counts are on the low side, surely it doesn't necessarily mean a recurrence?

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi. Completely normal reaction to radio Hon x radio knocks out the bone marrow which makes the white cells. I had radio ending in Nov 2014 and my white cells took a year to return to normal! Don't panic!!!! The docs didn't do blood tests, I did them myself ;-) x