Low grade dyskaryosis and pelvic pain

Hi All,

I’m new to the forum and just feeling a bit anxious whilst waiting for a colposcopy. I had an abnormal smear test a few weeks ago, with low grade dyskaryosis and hpv infection. The thing that’s concerning me is that I’m in quite a bit of discomfort - pelvic pain, cramping, lower back ache. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Hi Libbylou

I too am new to this forum, just joined today.

I had an abnormal smear with high grade dyskaryosis and had a lletz procedure 3 weeks, awaiting results.

The reason I was tested is because I went to my gp with pelvic pain like a bad period but all throughout my cycle, not just when I was bleeding. I also suffer from back pain along with heavy periods and large clots during mentruation. My gp suspects Endometriosis. She told me that my symptoms did not "scream cervical cancer" to her. The reason I was tested wasn't because of the pain etc, it was because I was overdue with my smear, by 10 years! Silly, I know and if I could only go back in time! 

How long have you had the pelvic pain, cramps and back ache? 

Roxy X 

Hi Roxy,

Thanks so much for replying.  It can be nerve-wracking waiting for results, how are you feeling?

I guess I have had the symptoms for a few months now and they have gradually got worse - it's exactly like you describe, like a bad period but all the time. Initially I thought I had ovarian cysts as I have had those before so my gp ordered a blood test which showed high levels of CA-125.  I then had a scan which showed my ovaries are fine.  In the meantime I was due for a smear test anyway so had that done and then got the abnormal result.  I'm trying to just stay calm and wait for the colposcopy - the smear only showed low grade dyskaryosis so I could be worrying over nothing but then it seems strange that I am getting symptoms.  Oh well, just have to wait and see.  Hope you get your results soon and some good news.

L X

Hi Libbylou

Sorry I've taken a while to reply but Internet was down!

Anyway, I've had my results given to me and its CIN 3 confirmed. I was delighted as I had written myself off as a goner! My GP is still going down the route of Endometriosis as the cause of my symptoms and recommends I get the coil fitted as she suspects that may ease the symptoms. Worth a shot I suppose. 

Have you had your colposcopy yet? 

Your symptoms might be nohing to do with the abnormalities in your cervix and like you say it was low grade dyskaryosis so fingers crossed for you. It's such a wortying time and nothing I can say will stop you worrying hun but the best advice I was given was to keep busy. 

Roxy X 

Thanks for replying Roxy and so pleased that the results were OK for you.  Still waiting for my colposcopy - it's on Monday, so fingers crossed!

X

Good luck for Monday :) A colposcopy is a breeze, you're out and finished before you know it. I found a smear more uncomfortable.  As for the lletz, I only felt a scratch when they put in the LA after that I felt nothing. Honestly it's doddle. 

Roxy x 

Hi louby!

can you tell me what your outcome was I I have had the same results back and same symptoms but only after I’ve had my smear test!!!??

please let me know :)

Emma xx

Hi Emma 

sorry this is an old thread but I too have had an abnormal result (low grade) and waiting to get a colposcopy done and like you have now been experiencing the above symptoms! I’m thinking the symptoms may be all in my head as they’ve only really come on since learning the result? Lol. Just wondering if you got a colposcopy done and what the results were? 

Rebecca xx