Loss of Appetite - Six Months On?!

Hello ladies,

After some advice. Lately I’m experiencing a huge loss of appetite and it’s getting worse. I know it’s normal during treatment, but it’s been almost six months since I finished mine! It did continue a while past treatment, which my doctor thought was a little odd, but still, it sort of improved.

Lately I find myself not being hungry at all. I don’t eat breakfast, then go to work. I’m not managing to eat anything on my lunch break and I’ve tried allsorts, from sandwiches to fruit. I managed a mouthful of pasta today which I had to force myself to eat and couldn’t take anymore.

Then I get home and have no interest in eating. I just don’t feel hungry in the slightest. I’m a larger lady, so it’s certainly no danger if I lose weight, but I’m concerned still. I’ve not even managed a nibble of Easter chocolate!

I’ve been taken off my HRT too as it made me incredibly ill. I’m waiting for GP to confer with consultant at [name of hospital removed] about what to do next. My nightsweats and hot flushes are horrific, along with insomnia. I manage a whole hour’s sleep the other night and then had work!

Anyonce experienced anything similar or have any advice?

Thanks,
Hani

Hi I finished treatment in October and I too go through fazes where i cant eat im going through one now. I went down to skin and bone and I managed to get to 8 stone but cus I have a bad back and hip pain and when

I finished treatment in october and gained an appertite in december where i managed to put on weight going to 8 stone - I was skin and bone and went down to 6 stone - as I am in pain every single day with either my back or hip it suppresses my appertite and I struggle to eat ive gone back down to 7st and am struggling again. I am also going through a depression at the moment - maybe this is the same for you but it's not quiet hit you yet? It took me a long time to admit I was depressed - also work is very stressful  me at the moment as I am a claims handler and the recent storms hit my work hard and on top of that I've had a puppy the naughtiest one in the world so I've got a lot going on!

i found that stressing about it only are me worse....try milk shakes and build up drinks if you can't eat but so your still getting something for energy i did and they helped xx

Hi Hani,

I have gone through loss-of-appetite periods and usually they are stress-related. If you are going through the initial furnace-blasts of hot flushes, night sweats and insomnia I would expect you to be pretty stressed as a result. I am not allowed HRT so just had to ride the waves as it were. It's not fun, you have my complete sympathy but it does get better in time. One of the worst bits about insomnia is worrying about not getting to sleep, and that in itself keeps you awake. You need to try to relax into it and start to believe that even if you aren't sleeping, your body is getting the rest it needs. Once you can stop fretting about the sleeplessness you will find that sleep comes easier. Yes I know you will still be woken by those vicious night sweats but they will pass. I used to get exhausted and tearful because of having to take a cardigan off and put it back on again just so many times an hour. I now have some very thin cardigans :-)

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

I've been struggling with sleep for a while firstly due to new born and then my being ill and pain and night sweats this all started before my diagnoses and I have only just started treatment but I have been using a mediation app to help calming me and getting me off to sleep, because like you I keep loosing weight and when I'm tired struggle to remember or make healthy food or even want to eat, the app is called insight timer, I also have a few albums on Spotify with meditation music I used these when I was in labour as i looked into hypnobirthing, I know it all sounds hippy dippy but it is amazing of you can control your breathing and relax your body pain etc really does reduce and I fall asleep most night before my meditaion track is finished I do quite often have to use it in the early hours to get back to sleep then xx