Hunger

Hey everyone. 

I have just finished my external radiotherapy, and due to certain other medical issues I don't always feel I have it in me to cook. I eat, but i can't eat very much. But i am starving! I feel like i am starving to death. Is this an effect anyone else is/has experienced?

Hi

Have you lost weight?

x

Hi Jazza.

I have lost weight. Not extreme though. Went from 64kg to 60kg as of this morning. 

Hi Southofthelake

I lost my appetite during my chemo-radio treatment but it returned almost immediately afterwards.  I think it would be advisable to contact your medical team, especially as you have lost some weight.

Take care

x

I did make them aware. I think i might not have been having enough protein, cuz that fills you up. Being veggie has been hard during this, but it is nearly over. 

Pleased to hear you're nearly done with treatment.  I normally have , and enjoy, a healthy balanced diet.  But during my treatment and for a little while afterwards I ditched my scruples and just ate whatever I fancied (dietitian's advice) because, at the time, eating something was better than nothing.  Towards the later part of treatment I became underweight, for my height, and was prescribed nutritional drinks which didn't require much effort to consume.  After treatment finished I was advised to ensure I had adequate protein because it helps your body to repair itself.  I don't know how strict a veggie you are but, if possible, maybe consider some animal protein for a while - maybe fish? 

x