Lookjng for advice

Hi everyone

I had colposcopy in november results end of jan HPV and cin1

Not due for repeat smear until December but wondering should I pay for private smear to see if im still cin1 and HPV?

Anyone any advice or experience

This is my story so if i was in your situation and knew this id be wanting more tests:

I’ve had smears yearly due to Hpv virus in last 3 smears, then went to see a gynaecology and they said everything looks fine which was Aug 2022.
April 2023 I started bleeding, back pain, pelvic pain and bloating went to doctors and had ca125 blood test which came back a bit high at 111 so was booked for and emergency ultrasound which shown something on my ovary so then had ct scan which picked up something on my liver, so then I was sent for mri plus a detailed mri scan which showed liver was all fine but something in cervix and womb, so then had biopsy which turned out to be cervical cancer grade 3 so just felt let down by smears :cry: had a pet scan which they said cancer has gone to my womb lining n they think that on my ovary is linked but all my organs lymph nodes and everything else is fine. I start chemo/rad in next few weeks. Its all just messed with my head and I feel so scared all the waiting doesnt help at all I’m just praying it all works.

@Alainn08 did you decide what to do? I’m in the same position as you, HPV+ and CIN1 last year. I hated the thought of the waiting game and considered a repeat smear (privately) at 6mths but in the end opted not to. I can’t remember the exact costs but it was a few hundred for just a smear as you have the consulting fee along with the lab costs for analysing the sample.

I’m now booked in for my yearly smear on Monday, fingers crossed! x

Let me know how it goes! I rang cervical check in ireland and they went theough my file and told me id hpv but no cell changes for 2 years the only reason i went to colpscopy was it automatically sends you if 2 years hpv. They will see me for smear in November rather than December because I asked. Let me know how it goes. Yes it was too expensive for private smear x

@Alainn08 will do. Fingers crossed I get my smear test results sooner than the 2-3mths it took last year!