Lletz

So I had LLETZ on Monday 6th march, which went surprisingly well considering how anxious I was.

The only thing is, I’ve been told not to bath for 2weeks & I only have a bath. I’ve had one this morning, and knelt down and washed my hair an body. Was in there roughly 15mins, however when I stood up a little trickle of water came running out (sorry too much information) I now have belly and back ache, and I didn’t have it before. Do you think I’ve caused an infection?

Hiya, I was told not to bath for 4 weeks but I have a shower. I've done quite a bit of research and it seems you can bath. I had lletz on 15th Feb and after a few days I started getting really watery discharge to the point every time I stood up it felt like I was weeing so this could be what your getting now. After about 10 days I started bleeding And I'm still bleeding now 3 weeks on although it does seem to be less now.  I wouldnt say that you have caused an infection but just keep an eye on how things go x

My showers rubbish, so I too rely on a bath. I did the same as you..... kneeling down, having a wash that way.

I very much doubt you've caused an infection.

I had that watery discharge for a week or so too. Then it went.

I bled after that for approx 10 days.

Thanks for all your replies.. it turns out I do have an infection. Don't know whether it is due to having a bath but i started to get stomach cramps and backache which has gotten worse over the days. I woke up yesterday feeling all round ill & today (sorry for too much information) i have extremely smelly discharge which i cant even describe the smell, nothing I've ever smelt before. I am going to my walk in clinic at my doctor's surgery tomorrow and hopefully they can sort it as i don't fancy ringing the number on my leaflet and being told to go to the hospital as i have two young children. Fingers crossed! Xxx