LLETZ with a GA

Hi I had the LLETZ procedure done yesterday with a GA, couldn’t face it with a Local after nearly passing out when I had the biopsy taken last year!!

All went ok, came round after the GA fine, some slight pain, especially when sitting up or lying in certain positions. I was just wondering if anyone else has had it done via a GA and how long it took to recover, they have given me a sick note for 2 weeks!!!!! And people who have had GAs before are saying it will take at least 4 days for me to be "normal" again.

I have also been told not to drive for a few days more to with the procedure really. Also I have no spotting as yet, will this start in a few days?

Be good to hear other people’s experiences with others having this done via a GA, also how long will it take for the results to come back.

Thanks in advance looking forward to hearing from some of you guysSmile Smile

Hi

I suppose every case is individual but I returned back to work 2 days after the operation. I've since been told by my manager that I had Infact looked dreadful! Just go with what you feel for yourself. I've since had a hysterectomy and had 8 weeks sick note for that, some ladies have 6 months, I guess it depends on lost of different things how quickly you can recover from things. 

Hi Lucy,

I had 3 days off after mine and then ended up coming home early on the 4th day as I was so uncomfortable sat down all day. I wasn't offered a sick note at the hospital though.

Everyone is different and we all recover at different paces. I bled from day 1 but i've read a few stories where people didn't bleed at first or much at all.

At least you have the option to stay off for 2 weeks so see how you get on and don't rush into going back.

My results took just over 5 weeks I think.

Good luck xx

Hi Lucy

Go with what you feel. I had LLETZ under local but it was quite a large area. I felt very crampy for 2-4 days and lethargic and weak for almost 2 weeks. 2 and a half weeks later I am still moderately bleeding but feeling much more like myself the last 2 days. Firstly your body is healing from a pretty nasty shock and also emotionally it can be pretty fraught from smear to colposcopy to results.

Take it as easy as you can and follow your gut

xx

Hi Hun.... I had LLEtz yesterday under GA and I feel great today!!! Had no pain killers today and tbh if it wasn't for the fact I can't drive I woulda gone into work.... I def felt worse after the colposcopy.... I've had no blood loss yet but the consultant said I might not see much f few days.... I have no idea if this is normal!! But I guess we're all individual.... X