LLETZ under GA - really nervous

Got a letter today stating that although they only found CIN1 at my colposcopy, they recommend LLETZ due to the discrepancy between that and my smear. 

Has anyone here had it under GA? What was it like? What should I expect? And how long did it take you to recover? Did you take any time off work? 

Thanks! 

Hi, I had lletz under GA in January for cgin and cin3. It was honestly absolutely fine. Id never had a GA before so was terrified but (for me) it was absolutely the best option as I get terrified when I have my smear let alone anything else. I went into theatre at 8.45am and was home on my sofa by 1pm. I had the day of the procedure and the next day off work, mainly because I felt a bit gross and traumatised. I was totally recovered and back in the gym within 2 weeks - I know some people have worse recoveries but for me it was fine. I have my 6 month year of cure tomorrow and I’d actually rather that was under GA than in clinic!! X

I had a LLETZ under GA yesterday. The whole experience was fine. It was much easier than having the colposcopy done & I'm glad I was asleep. I am a surgeon so have taken the rest of the week off work. Feel ok today but pretty tired.

Thank you, both. Still nervous but glad you both had good experiences. My procedure is tomorrow! Can't wait till this time tomorrow when it'll be over.