Lletz under GA

Hi all, I’m new here and have joined because I’m really in need of support from those that are going through something similar.

I had an abnormal smear and HPV infection, which resulted in Colposcopy. Biopsies were taken and these came back as CIN Grade 2. I was booked in to have my LLETZ and unfortunately, my cervix wasn’t playing ball that day and the lady performing the treatment wasn’t happy to continue, as she couldn’t get a clear enough view. So I went on the list for a General Aneasthetic. On Monday, I had a call from my hospital to attend on Tuesday for my treatment, as they had a cancellation. I was discharged the same day. 

Can anyone let me know how they felt after Lletz under GA? I’ve been very emotional. The rational side of me has gone awol and I spent most of yesterday crying. I stupidly went into work today, despite knowing I wasn’t ready and that didn’t end welll...lots of tears and embarrassment having to explain why I was upset and looking rough. Physical elements aside, I’m still trying to get my head around waiting for these results and the thought of possible further treatment. Can anyone relate, or am I just being completely dramatic due to feel tired from the GA? 

Thanks in advance for any replies. xx

Hi emj_21

I am too new to this forum and this is my first post. My situation has been the same as yours. Abnormal smear, colposcopy with 3 biopsies confirmed cin2. Back in for LLETZ with local anaesthetic however the area of my cervix that needed treated was large and the lady carrying out the treatment said it would be better to have it done under general anaesthetic (I was actually relieved at this news).

I had LLETZ under GA yesterday and I have to say I feel ok. I was more emotional after the biopsies and waiting for the results was really tough.

I am now trying to look at this whole experience as positively as I can.  It could have been a whole lot worse than what it is.  Unfortunately for some woman it is.

Just try and stay positive and if you feel emotional just have a good old bubble. Hope you have people you can talk to.

Take care xx