Lletz Treatment Yesterday

Hey all,

Just thought I’d write a little post about my lletz treatment I had done yesterday for any anxious readers like I had been doing for months prior.

Back in October I received my smear test results that stated ‘high risk HPV positive with low grade changes’ and was invited for a colposcopy in January. I didn’t worry too much as previous smears had been clear.

At the colposcopy, a biopsy was taken, but the nurse confidently said it is CIN1 and I won’t need any treatment as my body will most likely get rid of it. I received the results to this biopsy 2 weeks later showing CIN3 and I was in bits. Couldn’t stop thinking and reading about it and thought the worst. I was really apprehensive for the lletz treatment also.

Yesterday, I had the procedure. The nurses made me feel sooo at ease. I promise the only uncomfortable part was the anaesthetic, after that I didn’t feel a thing. I’ve had no pain that’s any worse than period pain up until now, just feel exhausted and emotional (probably relived that it’s all over). Strangely enough the nurse completing my treatment also said it looked like CIN 1 so will be interesting to see what the results will show.

For anyone worrying about the treatment, my experience was very very positive, and I don’t know now why I worked myself up for it so much.

X

2 Likes