Lletz Treatment Story

Hello

I want to share my experience of the Lletz treatment, aka the Loop Excision.

I received my results from my colposcopy appointment, in which the doctor took a biopsy and sent away for further tests. This was my second biopsy so I was a little nervous about the outcome.

After 4 weeks, I received a letter from the hospital which said that my biopsy showed further abnormal changes and it was recommended that I should get treatment and undergo the Loop Excision but the letter ascertain me that this was not cancer but an abnormality which should be treated but if left untreated could cause further problems. 

I’m a very worried person at most times so this letter sent me in to panic mode.

I proceeded to google as you do and found myself more upset. I think it’s difficult for someone not to google symptoms but again it’s good to be informed about the procedure itself and the benefits of having the treatment done.

My Lletz treatment was absolutely fine. The doctor was very clear about what will happen during the procedure and outlined the benefits but also some potential risks.

During my treatment I was given local anesthetic and it was nothing as I imagined it would be. The nurse was very calming and spoke to me throughout and it was all over in about 5 minutes.

Although I felt a small bit of pain, it went away instantly and I felt more relaxed. I thought the biopsy was more painful! 

I took the rest of the day off and relaxed at home. I had mild cramping but it went away within hours. 

I share this exeperience because I want people to not be afraid of receiving a letter saying they require treatment and look at the positives. The more awareness around treatment will help reduce a worsened outcome later in life. 

I will hopefully receive my results in 4 weeks time then a smear in 6 months.

I hope this post creates a more positive approach towards treatment.

Kirsty 

Thanks for sharing.

I've not got this far yet, have colposcopy booked for next week. Letter states it's a see and treat clinic, so I'm going open to having Lletz if needed in the day or biopsy then return. Orbthey may just recall me for smear in a year. 

X

Hi Gezabel,

Let me know how you get on - it’s nothing to worry about though, you’re taking all the right steps :) x

Hi will do thank you.

Feeling slightly more anxious as it's getting closer, but that's more the embarrassment of the situation, lol x

Thank you for the post! 

Im having the LLETZ procedure done tomorrow (I have CIN3 abnormal cells) .

I dint think I'm worried about the actual procedure, more if they find something else or they have to take more then average away. I want to try and get pregnant this year. 

With the cells they take away during the LLETZ, will they do biopsys on those as well? 

Thanks! 

They test the Lletz sample to actually determine the degree of abnormality and whether it has been completely removed. I hope all goes well tomorrow and let me know how you get on - you’ll do just fine! :) x

Hi I’m hoping someone can help is it more positive if they do the LLETZ or if they choose to do biopsy’s which suggests they are less worried about the cells my colposcopy is booked for tomorrow after high grade (severe) dyskaryosis thanks