Waiting results

Hi everyone

i had a colposcopy on the 19th March (exactly 4 weeks ago) after having abnormal results from my smear back in January. My results came back as HPV positive and high grade (moderate) dyskaryosis.

At my colposcopy I had a loop biopsy and lletz treatment. From researching I understand CIN 1 is ruled out with having to have treatment.

Are there any ladies on here who received the same result and had the same biopsy and treatment as myself? Can you share your results? My anxiety is over the roof with worry. I can't seem to find anyone who has had the loop biopsies which makes me think it's severe. All I see is ladies talk about the punch biopsies.

Also I have started getting lower back pain again, abdominal cramps, blood discharge rather than the watery type and also tender and numb legs especially at the top of my legs. Is this normal with it being four weeks healing? This is how I felt a few days after having it done so I am a bit confused as to why I feel like this again?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi I had the loop biopsy in September and it took me 5 weeks to recover physically. Everyone is different but if you are worried about your physical recovery/any symptoms I would say it's best to check with your hospital team or gp for your own peace of mind. There are lots of ladies on here who have had the loop/lletz procedure if you look under colposcopy. It does take a while to recover so try not to worry & be kind to yourself. The information on Jo's web pages are useful to find out the protocol of when to perform a lletz; it depends on the grade of the cells they found in your smear and enables them to get a more accurate picture of what is going on. It is quite an emotional thing to go through so give yourself lots of tlc. Hope your results come through soon.

Sending hugs

A