LLETZ results and follow up appointment

Hi, I had HPV and severe high grade Dyskaryosis, went for colposcopy and was told there were pre-cancerous cells, I was booked in for LLETZ under general as I suffer with panic attacks and I had the procedure about 20 years ago which left a lot of scaring, my LLETZ was the beginning of Jan, I received a phone call to say I’ve got an appointment this coming Friday with a consultant to discuss my results and treatment/management. When I voiced my concern I was told that the histology had come back clear so they were a little confused why I’ve been having abnormal results for the last 5 years, each year progressively worse. Of course, I’m imagining all sorts, has anyone else had this experience and what was the outcome please?

Hi Joanne, ive just joined and read your post- how are things with you?

Hi Katy,

Thanks very much for asking, when I saw the consultant he confirmed that histology was clear, they found nothing whatsoever which is what the problem was, they think the pre-cancerous cells are higher up, I was offered a third LLETZ or a hysterectomy, they recommended the hysterectomy as they were doubtful the LLETZ would be successful and I’d end up having a hysterectomy, I gave consent on 29 March, was given a date a week later and my surgery is booked for 28 April.

What a whirlwind for you. At least you are being super proactive and the within a couple more weeks youll be almost done ! How are you feeling about the operation? I think i may have similar concerns of cells being higher up due to lots of inadequate smears and a type 3 cervix xx

Hi Joanne,

Hope you don’t mind me asking but did you just have one LLETZ treatment before the hysterectomy was offered?

My first LLETZ came back with cancer in the margins and I was referred for an MRI and a second LLETZ. The MRI was clear and I had the second LLETZ treatment 4 weeks ago. I have an appointment in 2 days with the consultant but as I haven’t had children yet I’m terrified of what my options might be. I can only think it will be bad news if they haven’t just sent the results in a letter.

Good Luck with your op on 28th

Hi katie10,

Welcome to the forum, im sorry youre going through this. How did you get on at your appointment?

Sending love and a big hug xxx

How are you feeling about the hysterectomy joanne? Are you coping ok?

Sending lots of love xxx

Hi Katie, it was my second LLETZ, I had one about 20 years ago, I think it my case I’m now too old to have another child so the option was a lot easier, I think if you’re young and haven’t had a family they try and avoid a hysterectomy if at all possible. Thank you for the good luck wishes, I hope your consultant’s appointment goes well.

It was a lot to take in, and as scary as it was i knew it was for the best, i had my hysterectomy on Friday 28 April and came home on Saturday 29 April