Colposcopy, LLETZ, outcome & results

Hi, I am after some clarification if possible please, as I am feeling a little confused by everything at the minute.

I was fast tracked for a colposcopy, & LLETZ under general, following high grade HPV & severe dyskarosis smear results. I was still a little sleepy when the consultant spoke to me after the procedure, but recall her saying the results will be through in 4 weeks, or sooner in my case, & they would invite me back, or call, I can’t remember exactly…

However, on my discharge note it says low grade lesion - does this mean it wasn’t high grade dyskarosis, or is this something different?? I don’t understand all the terminology used!

I hope someone can explain, & help put my mind at rest a little.

I felt ok afterwards but assume the local is wearing off as experiencing some pain kicking in.

Thanks in advance Xxx

Good Morning

I am currently waiting for my biopsy for exactly the same thing. I didn’t even see the doctor after my Lletz. The nurse said they are happy for you to go home and will contact you with the results. Sorry I can’t help with the lesion part but just wanted to know that you aren’t on your own!

Hi, thanks for your be reply, sorry to hear you are in the same situation. I have tried not to overthink or worry, but it’s just confused me a little now! Was there any information on your discharge note? It’s not good really is it… if you were awake they would be explaining throughout so just feel a little in the dark… how are you feeling now after LLETZ? Xxx

Hi. I was just given a bog standard discharge letter saying I have had a Lletz and what to do if I have any problems. I did get a copy of a letter through the post that was sent to my dr saying that I had had the procedure under sedation and a large section was removed and she will contact us both when the histology results come through and a treatment plan is in place. I was surprised that a doctor didn’t pop by but I understand that they are busy and I just wanted to get home. I am not too bad still very slight bleeding but getting to the end of that nOw it would appear and still some little niggling pain but nothing major. I want to get back to going my Zumba but a bit scared at the same time as I don’t want to start bleeding again! Hope you are doing ok!

Thanks for the reply, and sharing your situation. Glad you are doing ok. How long ago did you have the LLETZ? Xxx

Just over 2 weeks ago. I was told the results will be2 - 4 weeks wait. I keep looking out for the postman in case I get a letter. I just want to know now… but understand a lot of people will be feeling exactly the same.