LLETZ next week, feeling confused…

First time posting, any advice on what to expect these next few weeks would be such a help.
I had my last smear June and got referred for a Colposcopy August with a positive HPV result and borderline changes.
After my colposcopy and biopsies I was sent the wrong ladies results saying everything was ok and that I wouldn’t need any further treatment.
My own results followed a month later with a letter explaining a mistake had been made and saying my actual result was high graded CIN 2/3 and LLETZ required.
These things happen, I understand that, but this whole experience has just been so confusing.
I just feel quite ill informed and still don’t really know what to expect from this procedure as I’ve gone from thinking everything was fine to now needing treatment.
I’m 30 with no children yet but desperately hoping that I can have a family some day.
I just don’t know what to expect next? I’d like to try prepare myself, will I get more results through after this procedure or for most women is LLETZ enough?
Thank you in advance…

Hi Becksa

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that events have been so confusing to date but I’m glad that you’ve now received the correct results and you are getting the required treatment.
I didn’t want to go into the specifics of treatment but, if you have questions, please do ask and we will try our best to respond.
From my experience, you should get some further results following LLETZ, which will confirm whether the whole area of abnormal cells was removed, or if you require further treatment. Once LLETZ is finalised, you should be invited for a follow up smear (usually 6 months), to which you should then receive final results, and be returned to standard smears (however many years might apply to your location and/or age).
I hope that makes sense!

Hey, sorry your having to go through this aswell, ive recently been in the same position. im 27 and also have no kids yet. my results from smear was high grade moderate then they suspected Cin 2 in the colposcopy and then my biopsy came back last week 1 to 3 meaning they found all three and lletz booked this week, i had the lletz wednesday just gone. They told me that one procedure wouldnt effect me from having kids, and the lletz went well, i was really nervous and scared beforehand but it wasnt as bad as i thought, i mean its not pleasant at all but it was bearable and only lasted less then 10 minutes, i will be waiting 4-6 weeks for the results but they said no matter what the results are not to worry because they would have got everything out … after that its normal smear test in 6 months and if all clear it will be 3 yearly smears - i hope all goes well with you