LLETZ due soon! Really anxious...

Hi,

Finally I've received an appt to see my gynae again at the hospital after receiving my biopsy results. The appointment is to discuss my results which is CIN2 and the procedure. 

Due to having an internal defibrillator she's decided to put me under ga. In a way I'm glad because they'll not have me fidgeting or panicking like I do so they can just get on with it but it's the going under part I loathe! I have sudden death syndrome so I'm extremely paranoid I won't wake up! 

How bad is the actual bleeding and pain after a LLETZ? Will I be okay to do normal day to day stuff? I also suffer from heavy periods and tummy pain along with back n thigh pain but only during the beginning of my period. Will it be similar to that? 

Tia 

X

Hi I’m prob not much good for advice but I had my LLETZ done yesterday and it was fine I’m not bleeding but I suffer from endometriosis and I’m expecting this to trigger it but the hospital told me about 10dayd in I should get some bleeding it should be just slightly heavier than a period hope this helps :) 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply...

Any reply is good to hear regardless, I'm happy to hear everyone's outcome so that if or when I get symptoms that I'm not use to i can always check back to see if it's normal lol. I hope all goes well 4 u.

Hugs 

X

Hi, I had the LLETZ, I took the following day off work because I thought I should but actually I would have been fine to go in. I had bleeding and pain (not severe) for a couple of weeks but unfortunately I got an infection so not pleasant. I started exercising a week after the procedure which was the advice of the nurse.

Hi, I had the LLETZ, I took the following day off work because I thought I should but actually I would have been fine to go in. I had bleeding and pain (not severe) for a couple of weeks but unfortunately I got an infection so not pleasant. I started exercising a week after the procedure which was the advice of the nurse.

Hi i had my lettz 15days ago fee mild cramps first couple days nothing major then just the horrable brown pink discharge had cuple pains up there yesterdat pain killers got rid hope u ok you should be ok to do normal activitys the day after no douching tampons sex swimming for 4 weeks thats to prevent infection they also say no baths  but sum women do hope all goes well xx

Hi, I had the LLETZ procedure done on Friday and personally, I didn't find it half as bad as I was expecting! The LA was a little uncomfortable but it lasted for around 10 seconds and after that I didn't feel any pain, just aware of the doctor working and some pressure. When I left, started to experience some cramping which I would liken to 'first day period cramps' however I just took some pain relief and slept for around an hour or so and when I woke up I felt fine. I've had very mild bleeding since, more like spotting than actual bleeding and a slight uncomfortable feeling when sitting for too long. The main side effect I'm experience is fatigue, I've never slept as much in my life! Although not sure if this is related to the mild bleeding or just the psychological effects of going through such a stressful time! 

All in all, not a terribly traumatic experience although I am only 3 days post treatment. I hope everything goes well for you! 

Mine was just fine.  I took it easy for about a week, no heavy lifting or exercise.  A bit of bleeding almost like a period which is normal and wore pads for a couple weeks.  I have endometriosis as well but found it to be pretty painless.  Take care!

Hi all 

wondering if anyone can ease my mind. Had my smear results Thursday come back as high grade & severe dyskaryosis . My appointment is next Monday (11th) I’m going crazy out of my mind that I’m going to get there and be told I have cervical cancer. This is my second smear my first 3 years ago my results came back as normal . I also had the hpv vaccine when I was 16 (now 27) so does this mean that my diagnosis is aggressive if I have had the vaccine and normal results 3 years ago? Never felt so scared in my life. I also had a baby 6 months ago could this have anything to do with it? 

thankyou 

Hi all, 

Thank you for the replies. I haven't been on here for a while hence my long reply. I have been waiting for an appointment with my gnae to find out when I'll be having my LLETZ and what their decision will be on how to have treatment whether it'll be a local or general. I've finally found out I'm having a local but in a different hospital with an anaesthetist on standby? So due to my heart condition I'll be having the local without adrenaline. Ive got a pre op tomoz and hopefully I'll find out when this treatment will be booked in for. I've also requested for a full vaginal examination because since all this stress and being so paranoid I've got myself in a state and I think I can feel some lumps down below which are very itchy. I just can't wait to get this all over and done with!! 

Also, Molly what results did you get?

Hugs x