LLETZ bleeding and "HPV CELL CHANGES"

i have now had x2 LLETZ treatments, first one healed really well with no issues.
second lletz went well initially, then masses of bright red bloood on day 10. now day 16 and pain feels like im on a period. still bleeding.

been back for a gyny check up and they have given me antibiotics. still awiting 2nd lletz results- first time round they were unable to get clear margins. STILL HPV positive, .dr said that my cells were showing " HPV changes" anyone know what this is?? 1st lletz i had CIN 3 cells, which i had hoped they would have removed…

Hi People, I could do with a bit of help on this- esp re bleeding post LLETZ. 4 weeks now, and I am still bleeding- is this usual?? Anyone know what “cells that were showing " HPV changes” " means??
thanks for your help

Hi @scared1

I’m sorry you didn’t get any replies to your question when you originally posted. HPV changes just means that the virus has caused changes to your cervical cells, which is the CIN.

If the first LLETZ didn’t have clear margins, I presume that’s why you had the second treatment as not all of the area of abnormality had been removed with a margin of clear tissue around, which is what is required.

Sorry, I can’t help with the bleeding question, but as you’ve had a check up and been prescribed antibiotics I’m assuming there was no concern about the bleeding at that time? x

I am on my second LLETZ, 3 weeks in and still bleeding very heavily. Likewise bright red blood and also some clots. I believe I bled for roughly 4 weeks on my first LLETZ. Hopefully this provides some reassurance. Hoping it clears up for you soon and fingers crossed for clear margins this time. Let us know how you get on. Take care.

Well nearly 8 weeks and finally the bleeding has stopped. Been told that I remain hpv after the second letz but no more abnormal cells found so good news! Thank you to those that replied

1 Like

Great news that there were no more worrying cells found. I too still have HPV but no more abnormal cells after 2nd LLETZ. Fingers crossed it is onwards and upwards for us both!

1 Like