LLETZ Biopsy time

Hey all,

I had LLETZ for severe abnormal cells that were CIN3. I was wondering, how long did it take for your biopsy results to come through? They said 4-6 weeks for me at my appointment. My smear results were back less than 2 weeks, instead of the usual 6 weeks, which was amazing. But did it come back early because it was high risk severe? Or just getting through smears quickly? I have no idea, I’d love it if biospy came so quickly too, but I have feeling that it will take alot of time.

Becky x

Hi my initial biopsy results after Lletz took 8 weeks to come back.

Thanks xx

I had a LLETZ today and was told results should be in 2 weeks. Im in kent and i wonder if the area makes a difference :woman_shrugging:

I think what area you’re in makes a huge difference.
My LETZ results last oct took exactly 4 weeks (time scale they gave). The smear test took 6-8 weeks but I’d never had any issues with one before so hadn’t worried about it.
I hope you get them back soon xxx

It’s 10-12 weeks for a smear result in Scotland just now. :woman_facepalming:

Thanks for your reply. Im so shocked at Scotlands waiting time, so bad!! Xx

My pap came back in a week and they do e a precudurre at the doctors office and they i went in for leep surgery and bnow i go back on the 25 th to discuss and go over my results to go from there

Thanks for reply, thats really quick xx

Update - I recieved results post 4 weeks. CIN 2 and back in 6 months for Test of Cure. Super pleased.

3 Likes

Super news xx

1 Like

Great news xx

1 Like

I need loop treatment i just hot the letter, i need to wsit till January though im scared this is yoonlong?

Hi there, has your cn2 being treated? Im cn2 and high risk hpv im going out of my mind with anxiety x

Hello, I think they must believe you are okay to wait untill January, you could phone and ask to be put on the cancellation list so you can be treated quicker, try not to worry :blush: sending hugs. My smear came back high risk severe abnormal cells, at colposcopy she said I had mixture of all and CIN 3 so asked me to be treated straight away, which I agreed to. I had the LLETZ treatment which my results ended up being CIN2 xx

1 Like

Thanks for your reply xxx i need to try and get a hold of my anxiety is making me ill. I was told the waiting times are all because of covid etc im ok with the procedure its just the wait times. Whats happens in your situation now just a check up after the procedure? Xx

Oops sorry just saw in a post further down the thread you’ve had your results already! Phew!

I actually got told I had a LLETZ appointment before I got any biopsy results and found out what the changes were at the LLETZ appointment. I was told 4 - 6 weeks but it was longer than that.
Hope yours come soon though, I think my hospital is just appallingly bad at communication.
The only ‘results’ I got following LLETZ was a couple of months after, just confirming the type of changes found at biopsy and that I had an appointment for the smear 6 months later.

1 Like

My colposcopy was August so all itll be 5 months, im just terrified of any changes in that time i feel sick x

Hey @Molly50 , it can be a really anxiety inducing time can’t it. You mentioned you had CIN2 changes - from my understanding they don’t even always treat those at all, so I wouldn’t worry too much about not being treated until January. Could you give the clinic where you’re having treatment a call and ask them to talk you through it and discuss your concerns? I think that might help put your mind at rest in the meantime.
You’re in the system now, they are keeping an eye on your cell changes and it’s been caught early.
And although it feels really difficult, try remember this is just one part of your life right now, it’s important to try find some balance if we can and remember we have lots of other things going on in our lives too. Even if it’s just something small like going for a coffee with a friend or a walk in nature x

Hitl and thanks so much for your reply and kind words xx i think been reading so much my head is running riot xxx the waiting times in Scotland are so bad. Hope you are keeping well xx