Lletz and what to expect.... help! X

Hi everyone hope you are all doing "ok"

I have my appointment on monday for lletz, am really nervous about it although reading peoples experiences on here has made me feel a little more relaxed about it.

I am however a little confused, i had biopsies taken on 15th nov and results came through stating no signs of cancer but cin3 so treatment needed, i get this bit, what i dont get is it says i will get results from lletz in 4 weeks (which i know will be longer due to xmas period!) But what results??? If the biopsies were showing no signs of cancer what are they testing/looking for?? Is there a possibility that they have missed sonething and in actual fact i will receive bad news?? I will obviously ask at my appointment but wondering if you lovely ladies know anything?? Am i just panicking again for no reason or are my fears justified?? 

I was hoping after monday to try get back to some sort of normality without this consuming my life as it has done since 16th oct when i first had initial letter to say abnormal cells were present 

Its all very confusing, i feel the hospitals sonetimes dont give you very much info its just a letter saying come in have this that and other done and off you go wait on us contacting you

Sending all you ladies who are going through this hugs and well wishes x

Hi 

When you have your LLETZ they send off the tissue, they will be looking for clear margins on your abnormal cells to make sure they got them all.

I've had two done and it generally takes about 4 weeks for the results.

Best of luck for Monday, you'll be fine x

Thank you for your reply, so even though the biopsy showed no sign of cancer it could still be there? X

They are looking to remove the abnormal cells with clear margins so that they do not develop into cancer. Good luck for Monday

Thank you

I slept very little last night, tossing and turning, my fit bit recorded 3hrs 45mins!

Be glad when its tomorrow x

I’m four days post LLETZ. your Fitbit might get a shock when you get the local anaesthetic They give you a nice shot of adrenaline in there too! 

I personally didn’t have a brilliant experience with the LLETZ but there are loads who have had no issues on the day  

Chin Up try not to stress. Easier said that done I know. I’m in the same boat as you Just try and carry on as normal.