Lletz results

So I had my Lletz under general on 27th March and haven’t heard anything back yet. Was having a browse on here last night and decided to call them today. They have my results back but of course can’t discuss it over the phone so I have to either phone back tomorrow or just wait for someone to get round to typing up the letter.
The secretary I spoke to said the word ‘oncologist’, the oncologist would write to me. This is the part making me kak my pants. To me oncologists deal with cancer.
Can someone please tell me if this is just me over reacting and that its normal for them to carry out the Lletz procedures?
I don’t want to google because I’ll just end up scaring myself
Thanks

Hi lilrubberduckey ive had a similar experience to you. I had a colposcopy after an abnormal smear test beginning of april (high grade) and during the colposcopy the nurse said straight away she can see the abnormal area and I needed Lltez treatment there and then. She did that under local and also she did a biopsy.

She said I will get the results within 4 weeks. I myself have called the clinic to find out my results but they just say that the letter hasn't been typed up yet, they won't even say whether they have the results. However, when I initially spoke to her she said it will take 4-6 weeks before you hear but I'll check for you now, I gave her my Nhs number and she then went on to say that I should receive a letter within 17 days so to allow another week... like you im thinking all sorts etc

I think every situation is so different, looking at what you had done Ive had but in a different order etc...if the doctor can see the abnormal area then I do think it is routine for them to treat it and lletz treatment is the most common procedure for that.

I hope you get good news soon xx

Hi rubberducky

Any news yet? Thinking of you xx 

Hi all, 

yeah so I called my consultants secretary and my results had been recorded on a dictaphone but not typed up, she listened to it while I was on hold and thankfully nothing worse than cin3 with clear margins & I'll be back for another smear n hpv test in 6 months. Such a relief! 

Woohoo!

thinking of u all still waiting xx

That was so lovely to do that for you!

I got called on Friday (12 days after my Lletz & biopsy's ) to say I have been booked in next Thu to see consultant but she said she can't tell me anything !

surely if it was good news she would tell me !!??

feeling scared