Advice

Hi guys

I've been reading the forum for a while but now feel the need to post. I had Lletz on 2nd October 2020 because my smear had thrown up high grade and severe changes. The doctor advised I would receive my results within 4 weeks in writing. I hadn't heard anything up until Friday (20th Nov). It was on my list of things to chase but with everything's thats going on in the world right now, life simply got in the way. 

Anyhow, on Friday (20th) I received a phone call from a mobile number from the gynaecology department at my local hospital asking me to attend an appointment on Monday with a Doctor. They've asked me to go to the gynaecology outpatients and won't tell me what it's about in advance. 

I appreciate it that everyone's situations are different and that no one can tell me 100% what is going to happen but I wondered if anyone had a similar experience and could advise me on what to expect. Really I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself. 

thanks in advance ladies. Hope you are all keeping safe xxx

Hi, I just read this. I hope your appointment went ok . Chat here if you need to 

An update guys. My Lletz has shown cancer. They are hopeful that they've got it in the original Lletz but want me to attend another next week to make sure. Feeling ok right now. Not really sunk in.

Fingers crossed they caught it all and you can be monitored closely going forward. I can't imagine how you must be feeling but I'm sending you lots of love and strength right now. You're in the best hands Xxx

Did you have a biopsy at colposcopy then lletz after or did they just do lletz straight away? If you don't mind me asking x

Hi Chloe

thanks for your well wishes. It's not really processed yet. 

My journey had been going on for many years. In 2016 I had borderline cell changes and had a biopsy which was came back fine. When I had my most recent smear at the colposcopy clinic in September that came back with high risk and severe changes. I had the Lletz on 2nd October and today have been diagnosed with the big C. 

I hope that helps but please let me know if you need anymore info. Xx

I bet it hasn't... sorry to ask you a question when you found out so recently. I tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me. I am waiting for biopsy results that showed cin 1 at smear. I suppose it will be fine and can be sorted and those with bad news probably get to the point where they don't want to hear of the woes of those with minor stuff in comparison so sorry. Just give yourself time to process, take a few days. Then I hope you get that fire in your belly ready to beat this, as I'm sure you will. Cervical cancer is so treatable especially when found early so hold onto that and keep yourself talking, you're not alone in this. xx