light spotting after sex for 1 year, hpv pos, clear pap then HSIL on pap

light spotting after sex for 1 year (intermittent), hpv pos, clear pap. First Doctor wasn’t concerned at all and said if it was anything it would “grow slowly”. Got a second opinion 2 months ago. Now, HSIL on pap and HPV positive. I just had colposcopy. Dr said visual results are similar to pap results - she noticed a high risk lesion and took a few biopsies. Now, I’m waiting on the biopsy results. My mind is going to the worst places. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I was having back and thigh pain, intermittent spotting after sex, then pink discharge here and there. I went in and got a pap and it came back ASC-US, had a colposcopy where she said my cervix looked fine but took three biopsies anyway. That came back as CIN 3 (severe dysplasia), I had a LEEP (LLETZ) with clear margins and I have my follow up pap in a couple weeks. I still have all of the symptoms and they’ve actually gotten worse. I don’t know if it could be because of the LEEP or if it’s something else like endometriosis. But I think in your case, the most likely situation is probably like mine, severe dysplasia that they will want to remove and hopefully they’ll get it all and that will be the end of it!

1 Like

I also have high risk HPV.

1 Like

Thank you! Counting down the minutes until I get the colpo results. x

1 Like