Biopsy results, hpv negative but abnormal cells.

Hi.
Bear with me on this one. My heads spinning, I’m getting married in two months, so many questions.

I had a negative smear in January this year, but I’ve been bleeding after sex for about six months. I can’t say if I had any other symptoms as I’d given HRT a go for a year and that caused all kinds of problems. But the bleeding wasn’t ideal, so went back to my GP to get that sorted, her first thought cervical erosion. She had a look then referred me to colposcopy on the 2ww pathway as she was concerned. She said she could see white patches. Two weeks later I had my appointment with the gynaecologist who fetched in the Consultant for a second opinion. She started asking if my smears are up to date, yes I’ve literally just had a clear one, and any family history of cancer, no. I had a look at the screen, lots of white areas once the acetic acid was used, and four biopsies were taken. Constant back/abdomen pain since the biopsy over two weeks ago.
So my concern is this. The white is either pre cancerous or cancerous cells, I get that. But pre cancer is CIN and CGIN and I’ve read they don’t cause symptoms? But cervical cancer does?
I’ve got my results appointment next week, exactly three weeks after the biopsies, so the quick turnaround has me worried. I’ve not been asked to bring anyone with me though, I’ve been told I would get asked to if it was bad news. Maybe she forgot to say it. I’ve literally being going out of my mind that because I had a clear smear and I’ve had symptoms I’ve skipped straight to cancer.
Thanks for reading. Just writing it down has helped x

Hi, just an update from me just in case anyone stumbles across this.
CC confirmed today. Just waiting for my MRI appointment to see what stage.
I’m trying to stay positive but it’s a bit of a shock.
I’ve gone against the grain on so many things here, negative for HPV, no procedures only biopsies and I didn’t even get asked to bring someone with me! Luckily I did.
It’s sort of a relief knowing that things will move quite quickly now.

Hi @leigh

Ive just came across this and id just like to say im so sorry this has happened and wanted to send alot of virtual hugs your way :two_hearts:

Be strong honey, youve got this :muscle: xx

1 Like

Thank you @Tinkerbelle29 x

I have just found this and wanted to say I hope all is going OK and to send you lots of good wishes. X

Thank you. I don’t start my treatment for stage 2b until next week, it’s taken so long! I’m hopeful for a positive outcome xx

You are right to be positive. None of us know what’s ahead, even the people with none of this going on. All any of us can do is deal with now. My dad always says, it’s not the cards you’re dealt but how you play them that counts and it’s true. I hope your treatment goes well and am sending you lots of love. X

2 Likes