Bleeding during & after sex + hpv positive

Hi everyone, I have had a recent smear test which came back as hpv positive with no abnormal cells. I had hpv in 2018 which cleared but had came back in my smear test 2022. Since then I have been bleeding during sex sometimes lightly and sometimes a lot more heavily and sometimes not at all. Very recently I have had pain develop at the bottom of my spine, I don’t know if this is connected or not. I suppose I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same symptoms and what the outcome was. I’m booked in for blood tests, pelvic scan and a colposcopy next week. The closer I get to my appointments the more nervous I am getting. Thank you for reading x

Hi me again, I have had my colposcopy today and they found a ‘sore area’ which bled easily when touched. They took 3 biopsies and have told me the results will take up to 2/3 weeks. Has anyone else had this too? Feeling quite anxious :grimacing: thank you for reading x

1 Like

Hello waiting is the worst part my advice would be not to try and guess or Google non stop your symptoms to see if you can get some answers before your results come up, most probably you’ll believe the worst case scenario like most people do under this circumstances.
In my case I had bleeding after sex for a few months before I was diagnosed with CIN3 and CGIN had LLETZ and after almost 2 years now it looks like it worked. Good luck with your results and let me know how you get on.

3 Likes

Thanks for for replying :smiling_face: it’s just nice to have someone to relate to. I am a bit worried because my nan died of cervical cancer around my age (33) but I know the chances of me actually having anything cancer related are very low. Il be glad when my results come through, the not knowing is the worst part! Thanks for replying, I’m glad you’re well :heartpulse: I will let you know my results xxx

Sorry to hear about your nan passing away so young, as far as I know cervical cancer is not hereditary at all ., but I can understand why you would be extra worried because of it. Good luck :+1:t3: keep positive :muscle:

Hi just wanted to say I’m sure it’s all fine you’ve been checked and the waiting is never easy for anything :frowning: keep us posted … i havnt been there myself but I am hpv possitive always had normal smears never no abnormal cells and I’m 36 so gots go back in august for my yearly smear so got every thing crossed that nothing has developed it’s always a bloody worry every little symptom ypy think it’s related when 90pervcent of the time it’s isn’t… let us know wen I get your results fingers crossed u can just move on from this xxx

1 Like

Thank you lovely :smiling_face: it’s just nice to have someone to talk to :smiling_face: I will do xx keeping everything crossed for you that nothing changes I’m sure we will both be ok xx

Bless ya I tell ya wot is women have to go through is beyond awful … but we got this
Let us k ow the results try not to think about it (easier said than done)you’ve done the hard bit . X

Hi all, so I had my results back today and they have found cin1 they have invited me back for cervical cautery and then to monitor afterwards. Feel better now I know what it is and what to expect. Thanks for all your your friendly and supportive words xxx

2 Likes

Awww well this is good news realy u can be monitor d more closely :blush:
Thanks for the update lovely take care of your self x