Last week of treatment

Hi everyone

Well im on my last week of treatment one more chemotherapy and 5 radiations left… I can honestly say to anyone starting treatment soon it is very do-able I was petrified before I started this journey as I didnt know what to expect I had never been sick or in hospital for anything before also id be a very nervous person… I was dreading the side effects but really I have only suffered from diarrhoea which has been helped by Imodium and avoiding certain foods… (McDonalds and pizza etc have been my main diet the last 5 weeks… )and pain when I pee (burning ) I have actually kind of gotten use to this now !! Only twice have I been in a lot of pain which was around my groin area again it passed in a couple of hours… I have been staying on my own near the hospital so I have been looking after my self I feel taking it easy has really helped… To get as much rest as possible I actually spend most of my time lounging around!!!
I have met 3 other ladies with cervical cancer getting the same treatment and they are also doing very well so I hope this post puts some ladies mind at ease… Ill be getting an mri friday morning… The results that day or monday then 3 doses of internal radiation in two weeks and please god then ill get good news … Talk soon S

Oh bless you!

So pleased to read your doing well... Best of luck to you xx

Take it easy xx 

Glad you're through it. I'm starting week 2 tomorrow . Sending lots of love. X 

Hi

So glad you have made it to your last week without to many issues. I'm on my third week and also still feeling pretty good.(only one day so far where it was a dash to the loo)

It actually seems surreal when you are not a sick person to begin with. I hope your scans go well and that the brachy will be smooth. Pls keep us posted. Congrats. You made it this far and the finish line is in sight!!!!!

xxx

Brilliant!

I am so glad you have got this far with no major issues. Like you I had to stay away from home, close to the hospital during my treatment and I have to say there are certain benefits in doing that, like not feeling you ought to get up and wash the windows or whatever :-)

Good luck with the rest of it Siom, great to hear from you!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Siom

Thanks for posting how you've found your treatment so far. I'm due to start the same treatment plan on the 22nd August. Reading posts like this is really helping me calm my nerves and keep positive whilst waiting to start!!

Lots of love

Helen x

Wishing you the best of luck for your MRI scan.

Your post has really helped calm my nerves. I was diagnosed stage 2b today with an enlarged lymph node. I'm looking to start chemo rads soon and am terrified.

hope your scans go well, I'll be routing for you

Kim xx

Lovely to read! Thank you for posting!! amazing and so happy for you. Keep us posted on everything. I start my chemo etc end of the month and have been so scared but hearing stories like this brings me so much hope!!

I do hope all these good stories are continuely good after treatment and get all clears! ? This is my huge fear and ive not even started treatment yet!!!

Sending love and positive vibes to you xxxx