3rd week done

Hi all,

My third week of chemo and radiation is done, with two more weeks to go, then internal radiation. 

So far, I'm still feeling really well, except my bowels are definitely up and down... looking forward to that going away! But all in all, I can't really complain. 

I'm keeping up with moderate exercise (not as intense as normal), and I still believe that helps. 

As I'm getting further into treatment, I'm getting a little nervous about the brachytherapy. If anyone has any words of wisdom on that, I'd like to hear it! I know I'll be sedated, but I don't know how it's going to affect me.

Good luck to all! 

~Niki

Hi Niki I was treated for 1b2 with the same treatments you had, I finished my treatment in August last year. I just wanted to let you know that the brachytherapy isn't as scary has it seems I wouldnt say it was painful just more uncomfortable placing the rods in and having scans to check they were in place was the longest part the actual treatment was only about 15 minutes but I'm not sure if that's the same for everyone. i was put to sleep when they inserted the rods but awake for everything else including taking them out were I used gas n air. They top you up with pain relief throughout the day so you shouldn't be in pain, as I say it's more of an uncomfortable feeling than anything else. Good luck with the rest of your treatment hunni you seem to be handling it all pretty well I was defintley not up to doing anything during treatment never mind work! so good for you hunni that's impressive! Take care xx

Hi Dominique, thanks for sharing!  Glad to know it's not painful.  I don't think I'll be completely under for the procedure, most likely just heavily sedated, but awake.

~Niki

Well done Niki :-)

Past the halfway point and still going strong - hurrah! Hope it continues like this for you :-)

Be lucky

Tivoli