Last minute LLETZ under general

Hi all,
So I went for my first smear in jan which showed abnormal changes and hpv-was told I’d need a colposcopy. (Not a lot of other info provided, leaving me panicking and googling (I know, I know).

I went for that and didn’t see or speak to my consultant once while there, a nurse did it. She explained she was going to test for any infections whilst down there-not explaining what-which came as a MASSIVE shock when I got my results. But the results of the biopsies were CIN 3, again no other info given in the letter except I’d need a LLETZ done (I requested it under GA). So I was waiting and waiting…next thing I know I get a phone call on the Monday saying they want me in 2 days later (tomorrow).

So I have no letter, the instructions I have are scribbled on the back of an asda receipt, have never met my consultant (although another one will be doing the LLETZ who I’ve not met either), i feel I’ve had no/very little information and to top it all off nicely there’s a Drs strike on.
So now I’m kacking myself as the whole thing seems rushed and I’m wondering if I’m safe (in terms of the strike), I have no idea what to expect after LLETZ - I mean is that it all done and dusted except a smear in 6 months or are they still testing my cells? Could it be cancer still?
And I’ve been that busy (despite still finding just enough time to panic non stop since yesterday morning) I’ve not had chance to post.
What if something went wrong and it’s worse than they thought? Would they do another procedure while I’m under GA without telling me?
Any advice/experiences shared would (I hope) put my mind at ease for the morning.
X

It might be a little late for me to post but I really hope all went well for you today. Hopefully they gave you more information about what was going to happen.

I think they always do a biopsy after they are done treating the area. So they will send it away for testing and let you know if everything is clear or if you need to have more treatment.

I was told I had CIN3 and hpv and needed LLETZ which I had 2 weeks ago under spinal instead of GA (too scared of being put to sleep). Afterwards they told me my results could take up to 6 weeks so just waiting now. 

hi Millie,

no it's never too late with these types of things, even just writing out my fears made me feel a bit of relief. I'm back at home now but I am still a little confused still- when I was coming round a woman dr (not my consultant) told me I'd had a cone biopsy so that panicked me cause I'm sure I've read that procedure can affect fertility but now I can't find anything online to tell me.

i called the ward and they were pretty useless and just said "if it was LLETZ you were booked in for it should have been a LLETZ you had" I don't want "should" I want someone to tell me specifics:( 

i hope you've had a better experience and have been kept better informed than me, we turned up this morning the ward had building works so I came round to drills and builders effing and jeffing and my consultant (who I only met this morning) seemed to have just a nano second to talk to me before I went under.

just glad I'm home now and not feeling rough except mild cramps n sleepy, unfortunately the drunk feeling has worn off already:( haha

good luck for your results x